+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Follica Update

Default Follica Update

Follica maybe the best hope?

I see they updated their website but with no more infos.

But there is an update too on puretechs timeline:
    http://puretechhealth.com/pipeline.php

Follica is in clinical trials since 2009. Cotsarelis said in 2009 that if he thinks for a commerciale use in 5 or 10 years. maybe he is going to be right.

If we take an average timeline for FDA approval like this:
    http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=h...ed=0CC0QrQMwBA

Since Follica is in trials for 6 years, I think we can hope for a market launch in 2 or 3 years. (yes if we are optimistic of course)

I sincerely think that no news is good news in that case of follica. they're working in the shadow to win that f..... new generation treatment race and win the billions. For me the whole 'wound healing' thing is a very very promising

Sorry for my English writting

Their website looks very impressive and the pipeline gives a big hope. Maybe the biggest one, because they claim to be able to achieve the follicle neogenesis. It means, that it would be possible to form again a follicle which was permanently damaged by DHT? If yes, their results will be better than Replicel, because this treatment is mainly preventative (without spectacular regrowth). With follica it would be possible to cure very high norwoods?
    I wish that your date estimation would be true! If my hair loss started 3-5 years later, I would be just saved with all these coming options!

Quote Originally Posted by Arieux View Post
    because they claim to be able to achieve the follicle neogenesis.
    Several teams already achieved follicle neogenesis. Think of Lauster, Tsuji lab and Jahoda for example. The key here of course is to do it in such a way that the resulting hair is cosmetically viable. And that's still the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    Follica maybe the best hope?

I see they updated their website but with no more infos.
    That website was developed a long time ago, its been like that for about a year if not longer. Furthermore, it was built using Squarespace:

http://squarespace.com/

Which means they cheaped out on it. Though really, what's the point of spending 10-30k on a website just to get a message across about a product that's not even on the market yet.

But there is an update too on puretechs timeline:
    http://puretechhealth.com/pipeline.php
    That timeline has been like that for about 2 years or more. Nothing new.

Follica is in clinical trials since 2009. Cotsarelis said in 2009 that if he thinks for a commerciale use in 5 or 10 years. maybe he is going to be right.

If we take an average timeline for FDA approval like this:
    http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=h...ed=0CC0QrQMwBA

Since Follica is in trials for 6 years, I think we can hope for a market launch in 2 or 3 years. (yes if we are optimistic of course)
    Most clinical trials take way longer than that. You can write a thank you letter to the FDA as they are to blame. Don't get your hopes up.

I really hope my friend!
    There's already many companies in the game. If just one hit the market, I think with a big hair transplant with a top doc, it will be already a 'cure', not the real simply one, but enough to enjoy life with a decent hair cut

Quote Originally Posted by Arieux View Post
    Their website looks very impressive and the pipeline gives a big hope. Maybe the biggest one, because they claim to be able to achieve the follicle neogenesis. It means, that it would be possible to form again a follicle which was permanently damaged by DHT? If yes, their results will be better than Replicel, because this treatment is mainly preventative (without spectacular regrowth). With follica it would be possible to cure very high norwoods?
    I wish that your date estimation would be true! If my hair loss started 3-5 years later, I would be just saved with all these coming options!

What hairloss biotech companies do in their Press Releases, Websites and other promotional materials is say what they want to do.... not what they can do....

For instance, both histogen and replicel have put out a number of 3D animation videos over the years that are essentially cartoons of hair growing.

They do this because they can't actually do anything so the next best thing to do is talk about what you are trying to do.

Follica is probably just explaining what they are aiming for, and not what they could do if you showed up at the office today and asked for an example follicle.

Essentially aderains, intersyx, all of these companies have said the same thing:

we want to grow band new DHT-resistant follicles and than implant them.

People get excited because they read it and think they can actually do this but the companies can't

Does anyone know what the affiliation of puretech and follica is? Is puretech the parent company? Also, is there any word if follica is in clinical trials now as of 2015??

As far as I know, there wasn't any official statement in what phase they are. However, the pipeline shows clearly, that actually human trials are organised. Follica has diffrent marketing strategy that Replicel for exemple (which is active even on Facebook or Twitter) and I see they prefer not reveal too much.

And what exactly is puretech? Does anyone know the affiliation? I can't find follica on the clinicaltrial.gov site.. Puretech says they are in trial yet I have found nothing..

PureTech is a R&D company that focuses on cross disciplinary healthcare technologie (...) PureTech currently has 12 companies in its pipeline, they include: (...) Follica: a clinical stage company which harnesses advances in epithelial stem cell biology to develop treatments for male and female pattern baldness;
    source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PureTech