Follica Update

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macbeth81
    • Sep 2014

As hellouser pointed out, Follica hasn't moved on that timeline. The last news was from 2 years ago. Since then the Board Member/CEO William Ju and Board Member/Co-founder Bernat Olle have left. Olle is still with PureTech but his linkedin shows he is no longer working with Follica. Last year Cotsarelis stated they had insufficient funds.

There is probably merit to the wounding theory. Recall the posts from needhairasap regarding lasers and campfire man. Years ago the big talk was a cancer drug that grew hair on a nose after being sunburned. Back in the 80's benoxaprofen regrew hair on sunburned skin too. It may not be the drug, but the degree of sunburn. Benoxaprofen caused photosensitivity as a side effect.

The main obstacle I see with the wounding theory, is how do you protected your IP? You can probably only patent the device that performs the wounding but someone can just make another device. That is probably why Follica was looking for a wounding + drug protocol. They could at least patent the drug. That is assuming a drug is even necessary.

Comment

• lacazette
      • May 2015

We don't know for the timeline. Follica could be in phase 1,2 or 3, it would be on the same position on the puretechs pipeline website

When in 2013 they said they already successed to grow hair follicles in human clinical trial, I don't think they were lying. And that was with lithium bullshit^^
      I think they're testing fgf9 and all the growth factors we are aware from now, and try to find the best effictive drug to apply after wounding. But of course it takes months to see if the hair grow naturally, with cycles, etc, etc..

But i definitly believe in that protocol. Maybe the 21st century cure bill could speed up a little bit their future trials

Comment

• BoSox
        • Jun 2010

Follica said back in 2013 that they are "very close" in unleashing a product that will end the dreaded comb-over.

It's been almost 3 years..

Your move, Follica.

Comment

• bigentries
          • Dec 2011

At this point, I kinda wonder if Follica is even planning on releasing something

They look like one of those companies that are just based in research, hoping that a bigger company sees something commercially valuable in them and would buy them

I mean, Cotsarellis is involved in something with bigger chances of success right now

Comment

Working...