Hair transplants in Turkey - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Hair transplants in Turkey

Hey guys, just wondering has anybody heard of this place "COSMEDICA", in Istanbul?
    They offer a 1800 euro's 'all inclusive' deal with 3000-4000 grafts. Now, I know it's never good to judge by price but is this what I could possibly expect elsewhere in Europe? I am from New Zealand so I obviously have to travel to get a HT.

Thanks people

I would avoid at all costs. Clinics like this are known as "technician" clinics where there is no real doctor involved aside from drawing a hairline, if that much. Techs extract, techs make incisions, techs place. You will be one of maybe a dozen or more patients on the same day and no one will ever remember your name the second you walk out of the door, if they even remembered it in the first place. There are only three clinics to consider and they are listed on the IAHRS. Dr. Koray Erdogan, Dr. Hakan Doganay, Dr. Emre Karadeniz.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Don't look at the price, look at the results first. You may spend more by having repair.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Hi Joe,

Can you please advise what we should expect from a doctor in a FUE operation?

Thanks

the doctors that Joe has recommended are incredible HT surgeons. Look up their work. The prices are not that expensive at all for them, especially in comparison to other countries. I have seen incredible work from all of them and there is a member of this forum who posted amazing hair line pics with Doganay. DO NOT even STEP FOOT in the clinic you are mentioning. The docs mentioned by Joe are not only about the bottom line.. they have a HUGE reputation to uphold. I have researched HT docs for countless hours over the last two years. Through this research I have concluded that I will get a large FUE done in the future and two of the docs on my list are those that Joe mentioned. Look up Doganay and look up Erdogon

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/album....chmentid=32667

Look at these results - with only 3900 FUE? Joe, while we are on the topic, I want to ask personally - say you, yourself were considering getting a "large" FUE, Like this guy. In this scenario, you had the NW of this guy..WHO would be your number one choice in the entire world, without money being an issue? I am super curious to know your response to this. I don't know if you'd feel comfortable answering this, but we could use the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ozkan View Post
    Hi Joe,

Can you please advise what we should expect from a doctor in a FUE operation?

Thanks
    Hi Ozkan,

What you should expect from a doctor in an FUE operation is exactly what he promises you he will do. In other words, if he tells you he (or she) performs the extractions then they better damn well be the one performing the extractions. If they say they will spend a lot of the time during the day with you performing your procedure, they should be doing exactly this.

In other words, you should expect the following.

1. The doctor should spend time with you before the surgery making sure you understand the procedure and that you do not have any questions.

2. The doctor should be the one to draw your hairline.

3. Your doctor should be the one extracting your grafts.

4. Your doctor should be the one making the incisions to place the grafts.

This is what should be expected unless they are a technician based clinic. If that is the case then it's anyone's guess what the doctor should be doing because it varies widely from clinic to clinic that uses this approach.
    Joe Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/album....chmentid=32667

Look at these results - with only 3900 FUE? Joe, while we are on the topic, I want to ask personally - say you, yourself were considering getting a "large" FUE, Like this guy. In this scenario, you had the NW of this guy..WHO would be your number one choice in the entire world, without money being an issue? I am super curious to know your response to this. I don't know if you'd feel comfortable answering this, but we could use the advice.
    Hi James,

I want to make sure you understand who it is that I work with. They are listed in my signature and Dr. Doganay and Dr. Erdogan are not in that list.

Your question is not one that I find difficult to answer but I won't answer it the way that you hope First, I would not have a 3900 graft FUE procedure. Why? Because it is asking for trouble. What if those 3900 grafts are a complete failure for whatever reason? You're done. Finito. Over. Most of your donor hair is gone. This is the case with FUE, with strip you've got some more but not much.

I firmly believe that a patient such as the one you referenced should instead go for two sessions of 2000 to 2500 each. This way if round one is a disaster he's not tapped out for donor reserves and he has multiple options. In my case, I've had 10,000 grafts via FUSS (a small number of FUE's as well) and I have never had a single procedure over 2488 grafts. While I used to work for two top clinics known for their megasession FUSS procedures I've stepped away from that approach because I've seen too many failures that have left patients in dire straights. I simply cannot condone this approach, especially for repair patients.

Who would I have surgery with today? Only with a doctor that does the extractions himself and one that I have visited already and they meet my personal standards. I can't say to anyone, publicly or privately, that I'd go to a clinic to have surgery if I have not inspected their facilities and seen them perform surgery first hand. That is why I visit and review the clinics I work with because if you, the consumer, are going to consider any doctor I work with for your own surgery then how can I in good conscience recommend any clinic I have not visited and inspected personally? See what I mean?

So, with that said, I would personally have surgery with anyone of the doctors listed in my signature. There are more I'm going to be visiting this year and if they meet my standards then they'll be added to my signature as well.
    Joe Tillman

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your answer. By the way Dr. Levent Acar, one of the surgeons of Cosmedica is listen on ISHRS web site. Are you saying that we must only go for doctors listed on IAHRS? What are the differences between two ? I see also Dr. Emre Karadeniz on ISHRS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Hi Ozkan,

What you should expect from a doctor in an FUE operation is exactly what he promises you he will do. In other words, if he tells you he (or she) performs the extractions then they better damn well be the one performing the extractions. If they say they will spend a lot of the time during the day with you performing your procedure, they should be doing exactly this.

In other words, you should expect the following.

1. The doctor should spend time with you before the surgery making sure you understand the procedure and that you do not have any questions.

2. The doctor should be the one to draw your hairline.

3. Your doctor should be the one extracting your grafts.

4. Your doctor should be the one making the incisions to place the grafts.

This is what should be expected unless they are a technician based clinic. If that is the case then it's anyone's guess what the doctor should be doing because it varies widely from clinic to clinic that uses this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlieb View Post
    Hey guys, just wondering has anybody heard of this place "COSMEDICA", in Istanbul?
    They offer a 1800 euro's 'all inclusive' deal with 3000-4000 grafts. Now, I know it's never good to judge by price but is this what I could possibly expect elsewhere in Europe? I am from New Zealand so I obviously have to travel to get a HT.

Thanks people
    I myself went to Cosmedica for my HT in September last year. I had seen various people online who had good experiences with Cosmedica so decided to take the plunge myself. I am just over 4 months since my op and am very happy with the way things are going. I had 2500 grafts.