+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kythera deal

Seems exciting since now both the pge2 and pgd2 drugs are under one roof.
    Also could it be possible that we will need to use both at the same time order to have regrowth. Using only bim without a pgd2 inhibitor might render it effects useless. Hence the people trying out a weak 0.03% bim solution only and not really experiencing any positive effect.

Any thoughts on this?

I just saw their stock on the top gainers list and knew there would be a thread. Hopefully the acquisition doesn't temporarily disrupt development of Setipiprant. Kythera didn't seem to be in any rush to start trials anyway, but maybe they were looking for a deal all along.

Buzz Buzz Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by 20legend View Post
    Seems exciting since now both the pge2 and pgd2 drugs are under one roof.
    Also could it be possible that we will need to use both at the same time order to have regrowth. Using only bim without a pgd2 inhibitor might render it effects useless. Hence the people trying out a weak 0.03% bim solution only and not really experiencing any positive effect.

Any thoughts on this?
    I think that bimatoprost is a PGF2 alpha analogue, not PGE2. Nevertheless, this does seem to be a positive sign.

It says they are a Dublin company but do they do most of the research in the states? Would be good to have a trial in the U.K haha

PGE2 + PGD2 inhibition in tandem could work VERY well for hair loss.

I owned options and stock in Kythera. I think we got ripped off by Allergan. The company is worth more than that, and I'll vote against the acquisition when given the chance.

That being said, I do think this is promising for us hair loss sufferers. I don't think bim or seti will be out soon though, and they might be very highly priced even when they come to market.

Cornering the Hairloss market? Eh, I'm taking this whole acquisition with a grain of salt. I understand that allergan is the company with bimatoporost trials and what not, but they are the makers of Botox... Before kythera was developing this treatment, Botox was like the number one injectable for cosmetic purposes.. They obviously want to profit off of the double chin injectable because it is a similar product and an injectable. I understand the connection between bim with allergan and seti with kythera, but idk.. I am definitely not getting my hopes up not jumping to conclusions yet. To think that allergan has that much faith in a drug the "may" stop Hairloss and try and team it up with their own drug is reaching. Seems like they simply want to control and keep controlling the injectables market.

Quote Originally Posted by kantian View Post
    I owned options and stock in Kythera. I think we got ripped off by Allergan. The company is worth more than that, and I'll vote against the acquisition when given the chance.

That being said, I do think this is promising for us hair loss sufferers. I don't think bim or seti will be out soon though, and they might be very highly priced even when they come to market.
    Ripped off? The Wall Street Journal and Forbes both thought the acquisition was "pricey." Also regarding a release date for bim, if it was successful in phase 2b, it's very likely that we'd see it by this fall/winter. Setipiprant may be a few more years, however, if the 21st century cures act is signed into law, we could see it much sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    Cornering the Hairloss market? Eh, I'm taking this whole acquisition with a grain of salt. I understand that allergan is the company with bimatoporost trials and what not, but they are the makers of Botox... Before kythera was developing this treatment, Botox was like the number one injectable for cosmetic purposes.. They obviously want to profit off of the double chin injectable because it is a similar product and an injectable. I understand the connection between bim with allergan and seti with kythera, but idk.. I am definitely not getting my hopes up not jumping to conclusions yet. To think that allergan has that much faith in a drug the "may" stop Hairloss and try and team it up with their own drug is reaching. Seems like they simply want to control and keep controlling the injectables market.
    Yes I'm with you on this. I do hope it will speed up the release of Seti. But on some acquisitions, development of some drugs were known to be buried. Time will tell I guess.