+ Reply to Thread

Default 21 years old: surronded by the horrible force of genes

Hi everyone! I am 21 years old, I’m from Poland . I have MBP diagnosed by local trychologist. My hair is in about NW2 or NW 2,5 (depends on model scale) phase, with a little thinning on the top (it isn’t visible yet, the trychologist stated that using special microcamera). My hair are generally thick, my fringe with proper styling makes my problem invisible for the others, so no one suspects me for balding.

Actually, since few months I live like in a cauchemar. I saw a beginning of hairline receding two or three years ago, but then I had a hope that it was only the process of maturing of hairline. Now all my hope is destroyed, I am in profound depression which spoiled my relationships with my friends and family. My father has NW6 and his lack of comprehension for this problem drives me crazy. There weren’t many cases of hairloss in my family, so I think I have this pattern in my genes.

I had great ambitions to become a scholar, I study at two faculties, I work hardly from many years to realize my life project, to realize my passions. But now everything becames nothing to me, all my values had smelted in the darkness of depression. My sucidal thoughts make me unable to live normally. Baldness is radically contradictory with my esthetical values, being bald will be being someone else. This way of thinking leads me to kind of schisophrenia, I feel that I am eyewitness of my own death. How could I give lectures as a professor about the modern notion of authenticity (existentialism was always in the centre of my interests) when I can’t be authentic, I can’t be myself? How can I speak about great project of modern subjectivity, of liberty and autonomy when I am not free! I feel surronded by anonymous force of genes, of hideous nature which aims to destroy my personality, my vision of the world and of myself. I am N O T my father, I am MYSELF and I want to live in accordance with my own feelings and plans. But just I can’t! Suicide will be an act of authenticism, it would be a shout against nature power, the last act of liberty! But whenever I think about doing it I start crying because I see a few people close to me whose life is destroyed because of my death… It’s absolutely horryfing experience, the worst limit situation I have ever had.

I know that some people may accept it, 1% of them maybe looks good with shaved head. I don’t ever consider shaving hair in the future, I will be traitor of myself. During the whole my life I was defining myself in opposition to the bald ones. In the future there are 3 options: 1)modern treatment or advanced HT for people with limited donor 2) wig 3) suicide.

It’s scandalous for me that there isn’t a real cure in our times. But there is also one more thing which is more scandalous for me: that this problem is so ignored by the society, by artists, psychologists, scholars etc. If I don’t choose option number 3, I will present the problem of hair loss in a article in wide anthropological perspective. That’s fascinating to see all the young guys who are posting here. That’s signal that everyone wants to fight against the nature, that we feel that our identity isn’t reduced to all that horrifying genetical dimension. Everyone has the same dream: to be absolutely free in his existential project, to create his life witout any models and traditional forms. I don’t want to be like my father, I want TO BE MYSELF. I want to live, but my hair loss turns every single day in a real cauchemar.
    I live in constant stress for few months due to my problem, studies and family matters. That’s why besides hair line my general hair condition is getting worse. I thought that maybe it is something like diffused thinning, but I read a lot and I think that it is traditinal MPB with telogen effluvium due to incredible stress.

I have read a lot about possible treatments. Actually I use only few safe products:
    -Revivogen Scalp Therapy
    -Revita Shampoo
    -Ketho in cream
    -Suplements: Biotin, vitamins, saw palmetto, Omega 3.
    -Alpicort E
    I know that it is nothing, but I don’t know really what to do. I am afraid of choosing experimental drugs like RU whose long-term sides aren’t known. But also I can’t decide for Propecia. Firsty, I was always depressive but now I just consider going to psychologist because I can’t continue my life normally. I read that Propecia may incrase depression. Secondly, I am really afraid of ongoing sides. It won’t hold my hair forever and in the future I would be without hair and sexual function. What is more, I have a little gyno. It is accaptable, but if it goes worse, only option number 3. from the list would be appropriate [suicide].

I consider FUE in the future but if I have NW 5 or 6 (or worse, who knows…) pattern in genes, I won’t be able to achieve a good result. But I saw a lot of pictures from top surgeons (Hasson & Wong, Posval, Rahel etc.) whose patients received nice results despite very limited donor. Maybe along with products like Toppik, Nanogen or even with SMP the effect will be very good. I’m not rich, but when it comes to hair I can pay a lot. I can have worse car or smaller flat, but I can’t live without hair. I consider also high-quality hair systems like those from NWL, they aren’t ideal solution, but everything is better for me than being bald.

I am looking enthousiastically on treatments which are already in trials, like Replicel, Histogen, Follica, Setipiprant. I saw that CB will be available in 2021, so it would be probably nothing make my situation better then. Maybe I should wait for Replicel (2018) to stop my hair loss and then repair my hair situation with modern HT (piloscopy will be available soon!)

I don’t know really what to do with my hair loss, with my life.

I don’t know even why I write all these things here, but I just had to say it.

If anybody tried to read it, I would be really grateful...

Quote Originally Posted by Arieux View Post
    Hi everyone! I am 21 years old, I’m from Poland . I have MBP diagnosed by local trychologist. My hair is in about NW2 or NW 2,5 (depends on model scale) phase, with a little thinning on the top (it isn’t visible yet, the trychologist stated that using special microcamera). My hair are generally thick, my fringe with proper styling makes my problem invisible for the others, so no one suspects me for balding.

Actually, since few months I live like in a cauchemar. I saw a beginning of hairline receding two or three years ago, but then I had a hope that it was only the process of maturing of hairline. Now all my hope is destroyed, I am in profound depression which spoiled my relationships with my friends and family. My father has NW6 and his lack of comprehension for this problem drives me crazy. There weren’t many cases of hairloss in my family, so I think I have this pattern in my genes.

I had great ambitions to become a scholar, I study at two faculties, I work hardly from many years to realize my life project, to realize my passions. But now everything becames nothing to me, all my values had smelted in the darkness of depression. My sucidal thoughts make me unable to live normally. Baldness is radically contradictory with my esthetical values, being bald will be being someone else. This way of thinking leads me to kind of schisophrenia, I feel that I am eyewitness of my own death. How could I give lectures as a professor about the modern notion of authenticity (existentialism was always in the centre of my interests) when I can’t be authentic, I can’t be myself? How can I speak about great project of modern subjectivity, of liberty and autonomy when I am not free! I feel surronded by anonymous force of genes, of hideous nature which aims to destroy my personality, my vision of the world and of myself. I am N O T my father, I am MYSELF and I want to live in accordance with my own feelings and plans. But just I can’t! Suicide will be an act of authenticism, it would be a shout against nature power, the last act of liberty! But whenever I think about doing it I start crying because I see a few people close to me whose life is destroyed because of my death… It’s absolutely horryfing experience, the worst limit situation I have ever had.

I know that some people may accept it, 1% of them maybe looks good with shaved head. I don’t ever consider shaving hair in the future, I will be traitor of myself. During the whole my life I was defining myself in opposition to the bald ones. In the future there are 3 options: 1)modern treatment or advanced HT for people with limited donor 2) wig 3) suicide.

It’s scandalous for me that there isn’t a real cure in our times. But there is also one more thing which is more scandalous for me: that this problem is so ignored by the society, by artists, psychologists, scholars etc. If I don’t choose option number 3, I will present the problem of hair loss in a article in wide anthropological perspective. That’s fascinating to see all the young guys who are posting here. That’s signal that everyone wants to fight against the nature, that we feel that our identity isn’t reduced to all that horrifying genetical dimension. Everyone has the same dream: to be absolutely free in his existential project, to create his life witout any models and traditional forms. I don’t want to be like my father, I want TO BE MYSELF. I want to live, but my hair loss turns every single day in a real cauchemar.
    I live in constant stress for few months due to my problem, studies and family matters. That’s why besides hair line my general hair condition is getting worse. I thought that maybe it is something like diffused thinning, but I read a lot and I think that it is traditinal MPB with telogen effluvium due to incredible stress.

I have read a lot about possible treatments. Actually I use only few safe products:
    -Revivogen Scalp Therapy
    -Revita Shampoo
    -Ketho in cream
    -Suplements: Biotin, vitamins, saw palmetto, Omega 3.
    -Alpicort E
    I know that it is nothing, but I don’t know really what to do. I am afraid of choosing experimental drugs like RU whose long-term sides aren’t known. But also I can’t decide for Propecia. Firsty, I was always depressive but now I just consider going to psychologist because I can’t continue my life normally. I read that Propecia may incrase depression. Secondly, I am really afraid of ongoing sides. It won’t hold my hair forever and in the future I would be without hair and sexual function. What is more, I have a little gyno. It is accaptable, but if it goes worse, only option number 3. from the list would be appropriate [suicide].

I consider FUE in the future but if I have NW 5 or 6 (or worse, who knows…) pattern in genes, I won’t be able to achieve a good result. But I saw a lot of pictures from top surgeons (Hasson & Wong, Posval, Rahel etc.) whose patients received nice results despite very limited donor. Maybe along with products like Toppik, Nanogen or even with SMP the effect will be very good. I’m not rich, but when it comes to hair I can pay a lot. I can have worse car or smaller flat, but I can’t live without hair. I consider also high-quality hair systems like those from NWL, they aren’t ideal solution, but everything is better for me than being bald.

I am looking enthousiastically on treatments which are already in trials, like Replicel, Histogen, Follica, Setipiprant. I saw that CB will be available in 2021, so it would be probably nothing make my situation better then. Maybe I should wait for Replicel (2018) to stop my hair loss and then repair my hair situation with modern HT (piloscopy will be available soon!)

I don’t know really what to do with my hair loss, with my life.

I don’t know even why I write all these things here, but I just had to say it.

If anybody tried to read it, I would be really grateful...
    Hey I know how you feel i felt the same, when I was your age, it stopped and now has returned and now I;m unhappy just like you, I dream of having my temples filled and beeen toying about going for a ht soon.

well m8, like I answered on my thread. I've been taking finasteride for 2 years (17-19 yo) and I had absolutly no sides. The prob is that I can't tell you if it's working or not for me.. <.< it's quite hard to tell from the video and pics I currently own...

And about the stress and all that sh1t, we're exactly on the same boat mate... Society can screw us up so easly for being "different". I once had a friend back when I was 14, who would get pretty much any girl he wanted, he had blue eyes, blond curly hair...pretty much everything the ladies were looking for.. But since he lost his hair, the tables turned completly. And I was looking at him like.. "Damn, this society trully sucks.."

I wish we could do something to stop such a horrible disease... and It's so damn hard to keep a happy life when you're always struggling about hair loss... Oh well... =/

matlondon, Vunoo - thank you for your answers.

I will be on the scholarship abroad from the end of august till december, after my return I will take more severe steps when it comes to my regiment: Fin or RU. I am really afraid of antiandrogens, but there would be no choice for me, I will have to use it until Setipiprant or Replicel will be available...
    Actually, I want to give a dermaroller a try. I have no experience at all with it and I want to pose 3 questions:
    1. Which size of dermaroller is recommended? 0,5mm or 0,25?
    2. How often and how long it is advisable to dermaroll?
    3. Do you use any additional substances specially for dermarolling? Or could I just continue using Revivogen above-mentioned?