+ Reply to Thread

Default Borage oil (GLA) and Licorice root as anti-DHT supplement

Hello, im new here. 27 years of age and on propecia for about 5 months now. I've suffered some frontal hairloss since age 23 or 24, and I have since then tried different natural alternatives to finasteride, not wanting to use a synthetic drug if I could avoid it. Well, seems like that battle is lost now, but my question is: could natural DHT-blockers like Borage oil and/or Licorice root still be beneficial while im on propecia? Do these natural supplements have anny affect whatsoever?

Im also taking zinc, magnesium, and selen. Could a supplement like saw palmetto affect the effectiveness of finasteride in anny way? The official propecia website warns about taking propecia with saw palmetto. Appreciate anny help I can get on this issue. Thanks.

While I applaud your wanting to do as much as possible for your hairloss, the supplements you mentioned will only take your time and money, with no benefit. If you want to add something to your arsenal, I suggest rogaine. I use for the front, and it does work. Other than propecia and rogaine, there is really nothing else out there. Some people like Nizoral shampoo, I personally dont use it. My suggestion to you is to use rogaine and propecia religiously, and then try to forget about your hairloss and move on with your life. I know its easier said than done, but once your using rogaine and propecia, you've done all you can, and worrying wont help. Just tell yourself that in maybe 5-10 years time, you can get a hair transplant. And dont bother with saw palmetto, its worthless.