+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Vunoo View Post
    Holy christ, I just checked the prices and 75$ is way too much for me <.< ... i'm still a student, too hard to afford such a thing :'(
    160$ for 10g - at 50mg a day, lasts 200 days. :3 maths. Just keep it in mind when you get some moneys.

With a 6 month supply of kirkland rogaine - its 200$- so 6 months of everything = about 1$ per day... not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldAt20 View Post
    Dont mess with RU until you're 100% sure about it ... read every 7x pages on forum. RU also gives sides. Look at my thread maye you could feel a bit better: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...e-a-nightmare/
    Now I'm sad.

And yeah, everything can have sides. The only way to really know is to test it out.

Hi Vunoo, you said that you had been trying finasterid for 2 years in very young age. Do you continue this treatment? Had you got any sides or you just haven't seen any results? I am 21 years old and I consider taking Propecia, but I am really worried. What is more, my trychologist doesn't advise taking it by young guys... (this is my thread btw: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...force-of-genes).

We've all been there. It's hardest in the beginning but as time goes by you learn to live with it. Luckily you are young and your follicles are most likely still alive, just not producing terminal hairs.
    I might get attacked for this but I think using a derma-roller would benefit you. I've been rolling for about a month and seeing my peach fuzz gain color with every passing week. There are many who've used a derma-roller without any success but my theory is that was due to their follicles being long gone. Using a derma-roller sends growth factors to your scalp, if there's any life there, it should help.
    Here's a link to a study done a few years ago.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/
    There were only a couple of people that had success on the forum who've tried it. Doesn't cost much to try and no one has had any side effects or issues with increased shedding while trying to duplicate the results. Worth a try.

@Vic: thanks for your opinion and for link to the study. I haven't tried dermaroller yet.

I wanted to try safe treatment described in my thread before risking with heavy drugs. Unfortunately I can't see any improvement, so soon I will try to enrich my list by dermarolling also.

Quote Originally Posted by Arieux View Post
    @Vic: thanks for your opinion and for link to the study. I haven't tried dermaroller yet.

I wanted to try safe treatment described in my thread before risking with heavy drugs. Unfortunately I can't see any improvement, so soon I will try to enrich my list by dermarolling also.
    Same with me, I wouldn't even use Rogaine till I came across a thread on here about that study. Just make sure to not use Rogaine for 24 hours after rolling. It could get in your blood and cause issues. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Same with me, I wouldn't even use Rogaine till I came across a thread on here about that study. Just make sure to not use Rogaine for 24 hours after rolling. It could get in your blood and cause issues. Good Luck.
    I'd like to know what the community thinks about that derma-roller, cause I usually pay for my stuff, and being a student, it would be harsh if I'd be spending money for nothing, but it does look quite interesting !

And yes, I've been taking finasteride for 2 years (since I was 17) no sides, but I can't tell you exactly if it's working or not...As you can see from the video + pic... <.<

I really would like to know if changing meds or increasing the amount would be a good idea (knowing that I'm 19) to, at the very least, thicken my hair...

Also, I was looking at the norwood types, but those that have low hair at the crown also have receding hair line, the thing is that my hairline is pretty much perfect.. Wasn't I supposed to suffer both from crown + hairline thinning?

Thanks for the advices so far guys, and Arieux, I already saw your post