+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grey Hair cure?

Default TRP-2 Enzyme

The colour of each hair is determined by cells known as melanocytes which produce the pigments that colour hair. Their numbers are kept topped up by a pool of melanocyte stem cells in the hair follicle.

Over time the pool of these stem cells declines and so they are unable to refresh the pigment producing cells after each cycle, meaning hair turns grey and then white because it lacks pigment.

In 2009, a scientific team led by Loreal discovered that melanocyte stem cells found in skin are different in one significant way they contain a crucial enzyme known as TRP-2 which is not present in hair follicle melanocyte stem cells. This is the simple reason why our skin doesn't lose its pigmentation as we age, but our hair does.

They found that TRP-2 acts to protect the melanocyte stem cells from damage and promotes their longevity by several folds.

They then developed molecules that mimic the effect of TRP-2 and can be applied to hair follicles to help maintain a healthy population of melanocyte stem cells and allow hair to retain its colour for much longer. It is currently in safety trials and hopefully if all goes well will be available by the end of this decade

so this will only prevent grey hair not change ur existing grey hair back to its original color correct?

i think it will only prevent hair to turning gray, but propecia also claims only to prevent hair loss, but some people experience some kind of regrowt, why it would be different with this?

Do you I wish if I had full head of gray hair, but not to be bald.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    The colour of each hair is determined by cells known as melanocytes which produce the pigments that colour hair. Their numbers are kept topped up by a pool of melanocyte stem cells in the hair follicle.

Over time the pool of these stem cells declines and so they are unable to refresh the pigment producing cells after each cycle, meaning hair turns grey and then white because it lacks pigment.

In 2009, a scientific team led by Loreal discovered that melanocyte stem cells found in skin are different in one significant way they contain a crucial enzyme known as TRP-2 which is not present in hair follicle melanocyte stem cells. This is the simple reason why our skin doesn't lose its pigmentation as we age, but our hair does.

They found that TRP-2 acts to protect the melanocyte stem cells from damage and promotes their longevity by several folds.

They then developed molecules that mimic the effect of TRP-2 and can be applied to hair follicles to help maintain a healthy population of melanocyte stem cells and allow hair to retain its colour for much longer. It is currently in safety trials and hopefully if all goes well will be available by the end of this decade
    So if you shaved your head, would the new growth have grey where there was grey before or not?

What is the name of the loreal product ?

What is the name of the loreal product ?

I'm pretty sure that whatever general technologies, tools and infrastructure that are being developed at the moment for the extraction and culturing of cells (DP in our case) will apply to this as well. Meaning we'll almost definitely see a cell based "cure" for this in terms of replenishing the melanocyte niche in the hair follicle well before any lotion or potion.

On a general point I do think that a lot of people don't realise that the all research and developments that everyone on this board watches with such keen interest are really just a small side show of the massive tidal wave of cell based treatments that are about to drop over the next couple of decades. We've now got working custom built viruses that hunt down cancer cells and all other kinds of smart drugs. We're are edging, ever more quickly, to a point where we're going to have a huge amount of power to repair the body on cellular level. The point being, if anything can be understood well enough in terms of how it operates at a cellular level, we're probably going to be able to fix it.

As i mentioned earlier regarding chlorella.
    I had fuzzy gray hair on my sides, and after about a month usage i noticed my hair went back to normal.
    Took a while to realize what caused it, since the chlorella was for my well being initially.
    https://longhaircareforum.com/thread...-black.680573/

Not a professional site but still like us on this one, and you can search for more info about itīs properties.

Quote Originally Posted by bboy5 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that whatever general technologies, tools and infrastructure that are being developed at the moment for the extraction and culturing of cells (DP in our case) will apply to this as well. Meaning we'll almost definitely see a cell based "cure" for this in terms of replenishing the melanocyte niche in the hair follicle well before any lotion or potion.

On a general point I do think that a lot of people don't realise that the all research and developments that everyone on this board watches with such keen interest are really just a small side show of the massive tidal wave of cell based treatments that are about to drop over the next couple of decades. We've now got working custom built viruses that hunt down cancer cells and all other kinds of smart drugs. We're are edging, ever more quickly, to a point where we're going to have a huge amount of power to repair the body on cellular level. The point being, if anything can be understood well enough in terms of how it operates at a cellular level, we're probably going to be able to fix it.
    Our bodies are way to complex for our understanding, and cell based technology or other scientific approach is going to strike back at us (still is).
    What nature provides is already in our system to gain from it, than our technology to fool our bodies thinking otherwise.
    Iīm speaking about treatments and not cures like cancer that effects our life's for real, like you mentioned.