+ Reply to Thread

Default Not good results

At 26 I started the receding hairline. By 35 it was very thin on top and I tried Rogaine and Generic brands of the same for years. Results were not impressive. Very thin, very blonde hair began to replace my thin areas. I began to grow hair where I did not want it as well. Long white almost transparent hair on the tops of my ears like some type of gothic vampire and on my forehead. Hair between my eye brows and eye lids. Even in-grown hair in my eye lashes. Lower neck and shoulder hair, which I never had before and stopped once I quit using Rogaine. Also, I had skin sensitivity on the scalp during use.
    At 42 I started covering up with a hairpiece. Though it looked very real and felt great the maintenance on it was time consuming, expensive and frustration as this was one that used a transparent glue to hold it in place. It would hold for about two weeks before the edges would start to release. The wigs would last for about two or three months. Two years of that was enough.
    So I dove into SMP last November. It's been a nightmare. My first mistake was not selecting a solid company with many years experience. I chose a place that specialized in permanent cosmetics in Chicago and not SMP only. Price alone was not the deciding factor, but I paid only $1300 in Chicago.
    In November I had two sessions in one week to cover the top of my crown with a gray sheen. What I got was a dotted blotchy mess. I wanted only the top done and the lady "lets call her Nina Paris to protect her identity" - she proceeds to do some in my sideburns area. This was way too dark and looked like a leopard print when I shaved my head. The hair line was much too dark and the tats on my crown faded to nearly nothing or was totally gone within a few months except for a dark blotch on the very top. I tried to schedule follow up appointments and received no call backs for dozens of calls, and was met with "we are booked" when i did speak to a person, which was rare. i was supposed to have a follow up after two weeks. i finally got back in to an appointment in March, yes 5 months later. That is when i started the corrective for the bad tats. Now I have went through several sessions of removal, which has worked, or lightened the atrocious areas, and another session of a full top of head tat. I won't know how this one turned out for a few weeks, but because the first series in November was blotchy on top and a clean line at the hair line, I am a bit apprehensive. I did like the hair line, which I had pushed back from my forehead top due to my age. They keep asking if I want it lowered. I don't. I am nearly 50 and a low hairline is very unnatural at this age for most Caucasians. The hair line looks more like a buzz cut and not a sheen with a razor shave as I repeatedly requested. As I have few alternatives, I am trying to make this work.

Hello!
    Your hair loss journey was very complicated. Why haven't you tried to use finasteride?

Quote Originally Posted by Johny41 View Post
    Hello!
    Your hair loss journey was very complicated. Why haven't you tried to use finasteride?
    I was told I would not be a good candidate for hair growth drugs after losing it all up top.