Hair Transplant Mentor™ Journey to Istanbul - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Moderator JoeTillman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,013

    Default Hair Transplant Mentor™ Journey to Istanbul

    My trip to Europe and Turkey took a lot out of me because when I returned home I got pretty sick. Because of this I lost a full week of productivity but I'm back in full power mode and I have cranked out the first video in my hair transplant documentary. In this video I show what it is like to travel to Turkey for a hair transplant. Many of us read about the procedure and hear about the clinics but we see nothing of the actual journey. This video changes that and is a valuable resource for anyone considering such a long journey for hair restoration.

    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

    Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

  2. #2
    Dr Representative Spex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,147

    Default

    Great video Joe
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

    Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

    View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

    Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

    I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    67

    Default

    As a US Citizen there is 1 very important step we have to do that Joe didn't have to do. Before going into the "Other Nationalities" line to exit the airport you need to walk past the entrance of that line by about 10 steps and look to your left where you'll see the sign overhead that says "VISA". Go there and buy your VISA. You can use US dollars ($30 at this time) to buy a VISA. If you don't do this you'll waste 30-45 minutes in the "Other Nationalities" line and when you get to the front of that line you'll be told to go back and get a VISA. I learned the hard way and when you're exhausted from the flight the last thing you want to do is waste 30 minutes waiting in line again.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Artista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    Well done Joe!

  5. #5
    Moderator JoeTillman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliD View Post
    As a US Citizen there is 1 very important step we have to do that Joe didn't have to do. Before going into the "Other Nationalities" line to exit the airport you need to walk past the entrance of that line by about 10 steps and look to your left where you'll see the sign overhead that says "VISA". Go there and buy your VISA. You can use US dollars ($30 at this time) to buy a VISA. If you don't do this you'll waste 30-45 minutes in the "Other Nationalities" line and when you get to the front of that line you'll be told to go back and get a VISA. I learned the hard way and when you're exhausted from the flight the last thing you want to do is waste 30 minutes waiting in line again.
    Hi CaliD,

    Yes, you are correct. By the time I got to Passport Control (Kontrol in Turkey) I had forgotten to mention that part. However, I planned on including this in my wrap up video that I'll be shooting when I summarize the trip. One thing you may not have been aware of is that we can get an electronic Visa.

    https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

    It cost me 20.00 US and I was able to bypass the Visa line as well. I just walked up to the Passport Control officer when it was my time in line and presented the E-Visa. It worked like a charm.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

    Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    67

    Default

    I should have done the E-Visa. Laziness on my part. There was no line to buy the Visa at the airport but that would have saved me a lot of trouble and $10 less online.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Hi CaliD,

    Yes, you are correct. By the time I got to Passport Control (Kontrol in Turkey) I had forgotten to mention that part. However, I planned on including this in my wrap up video that I'll be shooting when I summarize the trip. One thing you may not have been aware of is that we can get an electronic Visa.

    https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

    It cost me 20.00 US and I was able to bypass the Visa line as well. I just walked up to the Passport Control officer when it was my time in line and presented the E-Visa. It worked like a charm.
    hmmmm jus checked that out. good info thanx Joe.

  8. #8
    Member wylie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    One small correction: The airport in Istanbul is the Atatürk Airport, which you identified as the Atakurk Airport.

  9. #9
    Doctor Representative
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Good job, Joe. As an IMDB credited documentary filmmaker myself, I viewed this through two different lenses, One as a HT veteran, the other as a Director. Can't wait to see more of them.

  10. #10
    Moderator JoeTillman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voxman View Post
    Good job, Joe. As an IMDB credited documentary filmmaker myself, I viewed this through two different lenses, One as a HT veteran, the other as a Director. Can't wait to see more of them.

    Hi Voxman,
    You got my attention Please send me an email to admin@hairtransplantmentor.com. I have questions, LOTS of questions!!!
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

    Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Similar Threads

  1. FUE or FUT - A Hair Transplant Surgeon's Personal Journey
    By tbtadmin in forum The Bald Truth: Show Archives
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-08-2022, 06:56 AM
  2. 3200 graft FUE hair transplant in Istanbul / Dr. Safiye Kurt / Adem&Havva Hair Clinic
    By Yvgen in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2015, 06:15 AM
  3. Journey of a UK Hair Transplant Patient
    By tbtadmin in forum The Bald Truth: Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 03:00 PM
  4. To Hell And Back - A Hair Transplant Patient's Journey
    By tbtadmin in forum The Bald Truth: Show Archives
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 08:43 AM
  5. Beating Hair Loss: One Man's Hair Transplant Journey | Part One and Two
    By SpencerKobren in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 12:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

The Epigenetic Theory of Hairloss
Today 07:54 AM
Last Post By Dr A's Clinic
Today 07:54 AM
The Bald Truth - Friday May 20th, 2022
Yesterday 10:15 AM
Last Post By JoeTillman
Yesterday 10:15 AM
Crown area Hair Transplant
05-18-2022 01:39 AM
Last Post By Dr A's Clinic
05-18-2022 01:39 AM
The Bald Truth - We're BACK! Friday May 13th, 2022
05-13-2022 10:39 AM
Last Post By JoeTillman
05-13-2022 10:39 AM
Smoking
09-10-2011 11:40 PM
by saj
Last Post By Ultimer
05-13-2022 01:21 AM