+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up Started Finasteride & Oral Minoxodil Today

Hey guys, today is my first day on a combination of 0.5mg Finasteride and 0.5mg Oral Minoxodil. I'm going to be posting how I go, and if I have any side effects, regrowth etc, for those who are interested. ( I know I was curious before I got on the drugs )

Let the regrowth begin!

Good luck, man!
    Just a suggestion: try not to think much over the fact that you are taking any medication. Act natural (I understand that it could be hard, but excessive worry can lead to depression and not only). As it is said: it is all in our head.

Quote Originally Posted by Johny41 View Post
    Good luck, man!
    Just a suggestion: try not to think much over the fact that you are taking any medication. Act natural (I understand that it could be hard, but excessive worry can lead to depression and not only). As it is said: it is all in our head.
    Exactly.

Inactive

Johny41 is right. Try to just make taking the medication a mundane, thoughtless part of your routine. I think when guys run into trouble is when they start paying too close attention to every little thing so much that they start noticing things that they think are side effects. I believe this is often a combination of maybe being so hypersensitive that you're now noticing things that were already happening anyway - but now your brain wants to give them more credence - and also a product of our minds being very susceptible to suggestion. Just thinking about something happening and being afraid that it will happen is often enough to actually cause that thing to happen - completely independent of the drug.

Wishing you luck. I've been on Finasteride for almost a year now and things are a-okay.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Yeah, guys, overthinking plays a low-down trick with us.

Good luck mate !

Thanks guys!

Also a quick question. Should I continue taking hair growth supplements such as Saw Palmetto, Selenium and also using Nizoral shampoo? Or should I not bother since I'm on Fin and Minox?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    Thanks guys!

Also a quick question. Should I continue taking hair growth supplements such as Saw Palmetto, Selenium and also using Nizoral shampoo? Or should I not bother since I'm on Fin and Minox?
    I'm afraid you're not going to get a clearcut answer with this. Some people the Fin and Minox are enough, and others will swear by the additional supplements.

I was actually in Dr. Mohebi's office late last week for my one year followup and we talked about the additional supplements I take. It was his opinion that they're not necessary for me, and that the Finasteride is all I need. However, I also take Saw Palmetto, Choline/Inositol, and Biotin. There's no harm in taking the additional supplements, so if you'd like to and you feel they work for you, you might as well.

It's worth noting though that Saw Palmetto essentially does the same thing that Finasteride does, so I'm not so sure how much additional help it gives. I'm going to keep taking my supplements until they run out and reassess then. My hair does grow extremely fast and is relatively thick and healthy, so my brain likes to believe that the combo I'm using is working. Who's to say though that my hair wouldn't be exactly the same even without the supplements....

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.