+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 4 months of baldness: my experience

Hallo,
    I’m a 28 years old guy and I discovered I was going bald 1 year ago.
    After a visit to my dermatologist, I buzzed my head and started immediately the common treatments (finasteride and minoxidil), stopping my loss.

Some months ago I was searching for new treatments regarding hair loss to know about the current situation (my dermatologist told me that many treatments are in development but it will take 10 years to see something good) and I found this forum.

Previously, I never thought going bald could affect my success with girls (I look very good buzzed), but after reading many posts in this forum I started to ask me "what if they're right? What if hair loss is really the ultimate form of marginalization from women and society?"

I see bald men with beautiful women in the streets, but what if they were just lucky? Maybe they met when they still had hair.
    I had to know if it’s true that being bald is a nightmare like it’s often written in here.

So I did a sort of experiment: in the past 4 months I shaved my head with a blade everyday, in the morning after breakfast and, if I had plans for the night, also after dinner; so once or twice a day.

In these 4 months I slept with 10 girls and I can assure you they were hot (my friends always say I’m very picky).

I never spoke with them about baldness, I just made a couple of baldness joke, like for example after sex, during the cuddles “this should be the part in which you pass your fingers through my sexy long hair” with a smile; they always laughed with different reactions, for example one of them faked it and said “yeah, you have beautiful hair!”, another one answered “yeah, I have to settle for your abs”, and so on.

Only one of them discovered I’m not bald, because we spent all weekend together at my house at the beach and I didn’t shave during those days; she was like “WTF you have hair! Why you shave your head?” .
    I just answered it was a style and then I ****ed her.

So, as you can read, I experienced what some guys here called “true baldness” and it didn’t affect at all my success with girls.
    Yes, I can pull off the bald look quite well, but I am not Channing Tatum; maybe it’s because my confidence and my self-esteem didn’t decrease? Surely after this experience they have increased LOL.

So, the point of this topic is not saying baldness is not a big deal, just shave your head and be confident.
    The point is bringing some positivity in this dark place, showing that for some guys (for sure I’m not the only one), luckily, baldness is not a big deal; don’t know why but frankly who cares?

So, before you start being desperate and saying baldness has ruined your life, try to live as a bald man without being paranoid. Maybe you find that you are lucky just like me.

Bye!

Paging Fred

On a serious note, I'm happy you haven't had any negative experiences (yet) with baldness. While it's true that some guys on the forum overreact (BDD is pretty common on these forums I believe), there have definitely been guys who have outright been made fun of because of their baldness. There's also the subtle 'discrimination' (this is not the right word but I can't think of a better word atm) that bald people experience. Being handsome/good looking gives you quite some advantages and most of them are under-the-radar like. Like you said, you can pull off the bald look pretty well. I assure you that a lot of guys can't even remotely pull off the bald look.

But like I said earlier, I'm happy for you. I (and I guess a lot of others as well) wish that I could at least have the same mindset as you have, let alone the looks to pull baldness off

I don't really see how you bring much to the table other than confirm what we already know:

Men who have all or most of the features to look good bald do okay.

And this is something that doesn't apply to a lot of people. Imagine having one, two, or three handicaps to deal with already. For example short, no beard, acne or uneven head shape. There is no doubt you will go from a position of having a medium to hard time, to having a really hard time. For above average people like The Rock, losing hair wont affect you that much, you are already tall and big.

You are one of those people that don't need to care much, seemingly, you have the features, sure it's a step backwards but you are already in the lead - and you can afford it(Good for you). However one should always work on oneself to bring the best potential, hopefully it is worth the resources one is constantly pouring in.

Illusion, what negative experiences are you talking about?
    Other than some jokes from time to time, I can't imagine anything else.

BTW, bald I look similar to these guys

As you can see, they're good looking but they're nothing special.
    I see plenty of guys like them.

I think many guys here are at that level. Maybe knowing that a guy like them has no problem in social/dating relations despite baldness can make them feel better.

I do actually have to say the first picture there is quite special - in my opinion. He looks great: good jaw, good head shape, beard, facial structure, tan. This guy got it all: easily a 8-9/10 with hair, and without a good 7-8(Yeah, I don't think he lost much given all his features for baldness being in place). I hands down wouldn't been surprised if he was a model.

The bottom guy I agree he is nothing special, perhaps a 6/10 with hair, and a 4-5/10 without, which is manageable- definitely not free or easy mode life but not hard mode either and he could pack on some muscle to make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie View Post
    Illusion, what negative experiences are you talking about?
    Other than some jokes from time to time, I can't imagine anything else.

BTW, bald I look similar to these guys

As you can see, they're good looking but they're nothing special.
    I see plenty of guys like them.

I think many guys here are at that level. Maybe knowing that a guy like them has no problem in social/dating relations despite baldness can make them feel better.

Dude, no offense but you're being plain delusional right now. Look around you. Most bald guys are definitely NOT at that level. Prob ~90% of bald guys look (way) worse (yes I pulled that number out of my arse but it's a pretty good estimate imo) and even the guy in the 2nd pic still looks quite a lot better than most bald guys.

I don't have a strong chin. I don't have a strong jaw. I don't have a very pretty nose. I don't have prominent brows. Etc etc etc. I can more or less compensate all these things with a haircut that suits my face. But what happens when I lose my hair? Exactly, my compensation will be gone. And trust me, when I look around I see that for a lot of guys it's the same. Without hair, they'll become 2's and 3's.

Hey look it's another "I project my own experiences onto every other human being with te same condition and act like my reality is the only true one" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Dude, no offense but you're being plain delusional right now. Look around you. Most bald guys are definitely NOT at that level. Prob ~90% of bald guys look (way) worse (yes I pulled that number out of my arse but it's a pretty good estimate imo) and even the guy in the 2nd pic still looks quite a lot better than most bald guys.

I don't have a strong chin. I don't have a strong jaw. I don't have a very pretty nose. I don't have prominent brows. Etc etc etc. I can more or less compensate all these things with a haircut that suits my face. But what happens when I lose my hair? Exactly, my compensation will be gone. And trust me, when I look around I see that for a lot of guys it's the same. Without hair, they'll become 2's and 3's.
    Yup. Must guys are 5/10, and going bald is pretty much exclusively negative, so then you drop to 2-4.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hey there 'The Rookie'

Being REALISTIC and then staying POSITIVE is the best thing that you have been doing for yourself. CONGRATS!

'Joe from Staten' --REREAD this over and over again.

I must say the upper picture... Guy has a big forehead (like I have) and it looks fine to me... Thanks for giving me soms hope I will look fine after all... Haha...