+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WillyFooFoo View Post
    They told me i was a good candidate for an transplant where i would fill in the temple area.

Don't do it.
    Nothing wrong with your hair
    Stay away

This is horrible advice... you are NOT a good candidate for a hair transplant and if you have MPB, it's critical to be on finasteride if you're going to get a hair transplant. Was this a recommended IAHRS doctor, or some Bosley doctor? If you have MPB and you fill in the temple area, what next? especially if not on fin, what's going to happen when you start to lose hair behind and around it? Please, do not do this. I had hair like yours, but my left temple was slightly thinning. I did not do thorough enough research and decided to do exactly what you're about to do. It is almost two years later, and after 31 years of having a thick head of hair, it is destroyed. The TE "shock loss" from the transplant killed my hair and NOT being on fin at the time probably didn't help. Every single region these butchers transplanted hair into has been destroyed. Not a single one of my beautiful native hairs exists there any more.

This was an recommended IAHRS doctor.. One of the most respected on the forums, i flew halfway through Europe for an consultation (I feel kind of stupid about it).

I am far away from a HT, really. My concern is future hair loss, i've been obsessing over my hair for some time now.

My question was; If a doctor, after reviewing my with a micro camera don't recommend me to go on finasteride, i'm probably "good" for know right? Thats got to be a good sign. What the future beholds no one can say but the indication TODAY should be "i'm ok"?

Another question, if the doctor I visited say that I got >10% miniaturized hair on the top of my head.. Is there any "normal" degree of miniaturization on people who's not experience mpb?

Probably impossible to answer but anyone got an opinion?

Anyone?

Inactive

I really don't think you should be thinking about getting a hair transplant right now. 10% miniaturization is very low, you seem to still be quite young, and you don't have any clear, visible signs of going bald anytime soon.

I honestly think you're focus right now should be a good therapist who can help you settle down your brain and keep you from obsessing over this. And again, I'm speaking from personal experience, so I really hope I'm not coming across as patronizing. Once we let our minds get carried away with an idea like this and we allow ourselves to get sucked down this sort of rabbit hole, it's really important to learn some coping mechanisms to bring you back to reality. Until you do this, even the most reasonable advice sounds unreasonable, and you'll continue to seek out information until you find information that agrees with what you already (want to) believe.

So take a breathe, start your therapy, and in the meantime, try everything you can to focus on something/anything besides your hair.

And seriously - best of luck. And thank you for utilizing this forum before you make any decisions that you may one day regret.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    I really don't think you should be thinking about getting a hair transplant right now. 10% miniaturization is very low, you seem to still be quite young, and you don't have any clear, visible signs of going bald anytime soon.

I honestly think you're focus right now should be a good therapist who can help you settle down your brain and keep you from obsessing over this. And again, I'm speaking from personal experience, so I really hope I'm not coming across as patronizing. Once we let our minds get carried away with an idea like this and we allow ourselves to get sucked down this sort of rabbit hole, it's really important to learn some coping mechanisms to bring you back to reality. Until you do this, even the most reasonable advice sounds unreasonable, and you'll continue to seek out information until you find information that agrees with what you already (want to) believe.

So take a breathe, start your therapy, and in the meantime, try everything you can to focus on something/anything besides your hair.

And seriously - best of luck. And thank you for utilizing this forum before you make any decisions that you may one day regret.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.
    Thank you for your answer, yet again.

I'm 30 years old by the way and i will not get a hair transplant for some years. These 10% of miniaturization, is this normal? I did read on Dr. Rassmans blog that even people who don't have MPB could have up to 20% of miniaturized hair.

Yeah, i'm up for therapy. I know this is crazy and that i should focus on other, more important things. But it really bugs me not to know if I have MPB or not.
    This shit is going to ruin my relationship and more, all 'cause I "might" have MPB. I'ts the thought of going bald that kills me, like many others i believe.

And the hair transplant would be in the front, not the crown area. Thread and pics here: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ded?highlight=

I get looked at weird when I ask for a Male hairdresser. IMO they are more aware of MPB than a female. He understands my concern.

Maybe a women hairdresser feels the same as we do when a women asks if she looks fat. The answer is yes but we lie to make them feel better.

Find a dude that is your age or older to cut your mop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I get looked at weird when I ask for a Male hairdresser. IMO they are more aware of MPB than a female. He understands my concern.

Maybe a women hairdresser feels the same as we do when a women asks if she looks fat. The answer is yes but we lie to make them feel better.

Find a dude that is your age or older to cut your mop.
    I have a male hair dresser, who is completely bald. He said that i "will not go bald, maybe some slight more recession by the temple area but that was years forward". Don't know what to make of it.. He is still "only" a hair dresser..