+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good Strategy?

Default Good Strategy?

I'm 25 years old NW2-3ish and I've been on fin for 10 months now. No side effects for anyone who's wondering. It's basically arrested most of my loss as far as I can tell. It may have thickened things up a bit in some areas and some may have gotten a little worse, but that's beside the point. I am wondering if there would be any harm in adding Rogaine foam to only the part of my hairline with those shrinking hairs and vellus ones. I don't want to add all over because I feel like it's unnecessary at the moment and with fin being in place I could run the risk of just making these hairs dependent on min. Basically I figure what have I got to lose, but I'm wondering if this is a good strategy. If these were thickened I would easily be NW2 with just normal temples for a mid twenties guy. Thoughts? Are there any drawbacks to this?

Even if the minox is applied to specific regions, I do believe it will effect the entire scalp. I think there was one study where people were applying it to their backs and it was affecting their scalp hair. That is, it goes systemic. Personally, I think if you are experiencing MPB, minox and fin work synergistically to optimize your results. Fin with reduce the amount of 5AR and thus DHT in your circulating blood allowing the follicles to function in the absence of it. Minox will work to keep the hairs in anagen so they can continue to grow. You can buy a bulk amount of kirklands minox on amazon and it's relatively cheap. It's a foam, so application is easy and it doesn't leave much residue.