Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • efedrez
    • May 2013

Desmond, thanks for the information!

As you can imagine for most of us finding the right pharmacy and the ingredients wont be a walk in the park so I was wandering what would make this vechicle unique vs mixing fin with something much easier to find like rogaine?

I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times but your statement of only 10% will likely to go systemic, I agree the amount should be reasonable to avoid sides so I would like to give it a try with something a regular Joe can prepare at home

Thanks

Comment

• schtif
      • Apr 2015

Looks very interesting, thanks a lot for your work, Desmond.
      Unfortunately, here in Europe, Switzerland to be precise, it is very unlikely you will find any pharmacy which is willing to mix this stuff. You probably won't even get a prescription for it...
      I also googled some of the ingredients and some are available but only in large quantities and quite expensive. Therefore not really an option. And I suppose there is not an easy "mix-it-at-home" way?

Comment

• jamesst11
        • Jun 2014

Hey Desmond,
        I have followed some of your threads and must say, your vast knowledge on the subject is very valuable and reassuring to me. I am glad I became a part of this forum. I don't know too much about topical fin, so I have a couple questions. I noticed that "Dr. Klein" is offering a solution that contains certain variations and percentages of minox, fin, azialic acid and progesterone as a topical, spray or cream. Would you recommend such a formula? I know that on their prescription sheet, the percentage of finasteride is .1% as you suggested.

Comment

• Give it a go
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Artista
          Hi OneOff.
          You DO make a good point..I was just answering Desmond question.
          I dont mean to take this off-topic. Cheers
          if you already have a wife why do you still want your hair so badly?

Comment

• efedrez
            • May 2013

Originally posted by Give it a go
            if you already have a wife why do you still want your hair so badly?
            Are you totally letting yourself go if you get married? Wouldn't you watch you weight, your clothing, your appearance in general?
            Wouldn't you still like to have a look you feel comfortable with when you look at the mirror just because you are married?
            For sure you can be happy without hair but the reason why we are on this forums is because we simple want to feel comfortable we we look at the mirror

Comment

• Vunoo
              • Jul 2014

Hey mates and Desmond ! Nice to see you back

I've been using finasteride 1mg + minox for 2 years (19 years old here) but it doesn't really seem to work out for me (at least from the photos i got), so my question is, would it change anything if i swap to this method ? Or would it pretty much give me the same results?

Hopefully this one gives me a better result, would have to talk with my parents about this tho cause, I have no clue how to get most of those ingredients

Cheers !

Comment

• deuce
                • May 2013

Thanks Desmond for the great work. SO I can just go to a Walgreens Or CVS and ask them to formulate this for me? I am not sure how this goes.

Comment

• RU58841
                  • Mar 2015

Desmond,

Thanks for doing this. Two questions for you:

I was looking through your thread about your (oral) finasteride experience. It looks like you've be using 0.25mg twice a week for 2 years and everything's been okay; was that not the latest update? Otherwise why switch to topical?

The other thing I wanted to ask is I thought I remembered you warning people against using microdoses of finasteride because you had a few patients who had tried that and developed prostatitis as a result. Am I remembering that right? Or was that before you did it successfully?

Comment

• robodoc
                    • Aug 2009

There are compounding pharmacies everywhere, get an prescription and take to them.

Comment

• efedrez
                      • May 2013

Hello Desmond,

Could you provide an update on your topical experience?

Also if you could elaborate a bit more why this vehicle is better than something easier to find like rogaine I will appreciate it very much

Comment

• Tomtom21
                        • Jun 2015

@desmond84 any updates on your trial to contribute?

Comment

• marklin
                          • Jan 2017

Why not just add Finasteride into Minoxidil solution to use?

Comment

• thechamp
                            • Jan 2011

Will the foam go systematic

So this will still go systematic , so I will
                            Just gain weight etc ?

Comment

Working...