+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Fin killed my hair

Well I'm going to see a derm for the 10th Time now tomorrow. I used and am using fin for 1 year and 8 months when out of no where at the one year mark, my mpb went into light speed. I had reflex hyperandrogenicity for sure due to increased libido, scalp pain/burn/itch, and hair loss.

Fast forward. Pain in scalp lasted about 5 months and slowly went down, but now it's back, but instead of being on my hairline its now in the center and back of my head. My hair has thinning streaks through it now. So f****** up.

At first I thought it was just TE, but it's been eight months since the shed and nothing grew back and I continue to thin and feel soreness. I also now shed hairs with sebum attached to the bulb for some god awful reason.

Dr.'s suggested I may have seb. Derm now, but no treatment works for it. Niz doesn't, tar doesn't, tea tree oil doesn't, etc..

I went on fin with a great head of hair just hoping to halt hairline recession and boy was I wrong. Now I'll definitely be bald...

Now that there is RU I suggest people think twice about the internal drugs. I read loads before going on saying to myself, "oh my hair isn't even bad, that stuff won't happen to me"...

Suicide seems to be the only way to cure this idiotic sh**. Good luck everyone. I'm out

Check this out: http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...hreadid=115990

Dude claims he has grown back hair using a seborrheic dermatitis medication.

As for the hyperandrogenicity, I think I have been experiencing the same symptoms for about 6 months now, but it started AFTER I quit fin. I've been on for a month, had to quit because of the sexual sides, and now it appears that DHT came back with a vengeance after having been suppressed. I tested my hormones back in April, and it turned out I have very high DHT (about 5 times higher than the upper normal range) and very low T. I am considering testosterone replacement therapy, about to bite the bullet very soon. I hear there have been reports of both regrowth and further hair loss from TRT, but the docs I've seen have been pretty useless in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertF View Post
    As for the hyperandrogenicity, I think I have been experiencing the same symptoms for about 6 months now, but it started AFTER I quit fin. I've been on for a month, had to quit because of the sexual sides, and now it appears that DHT came back with a vengeance after having been suppressed. I tested my hormones back in April, and it turned out I have very high DHT (about 5 times higher than the upper normal range) and very low T. I am considering testosterone replacement therapy, about to bite the bullet very soon. I hear there have been reports of both regrowth and further hair loss from TRT, but the docs I've seen have been pretty useless in this regard.
    I tried Fin for 3 months and quit back in February due to reflex-hyper. 5 months later and it's still as bad as ever. Went from a NW0.5 to a NW2 in the space of 8 months, non-stop burning/itching/tingling all along my hairline, increased oiliness in hair and face, increased sex drive, massively accelerated hairloss. Did you get any of these symptoms?

Reading online and the few examples (its very rare) I've found seemed to last anywhere between 6 months to 5 years.
    Please let me know if you find any way out of this hell. Have tried every medicated shampoo going, along with fluridil and topical spiro. Just want my MPB rate to go back to how it was pre-Fin.
    Very interesting that you have really low T and high DHT, which usually doesn't correlate to reflex-hyper. I have very high T but I don't know my DHT, that didn't show up on the blood test. I'm certain my androgen receptors are massively upregulated due to Fin though and I don't know if they'll ever recover.

Ziggy, I have seen your hair, you will NOT be bald... I have MPB (obviously) and I had THREE bouts of TE in 2 years... each one lasting anywhere from 3-8 months... basically non-stop TE - 200-300 hairs a DAY! Do the math. If you have approx 15,000 hairs on the top of you head AND your hair was not regrowing, you would be slick bald in 2 months flat. It itched, it burnt, and felt like ants were crawling all over it. Two years later and YES, I have about 60% of the hair I once had, but I still have hair. THE REASON why I thought I would be slick bald is because I would look into my thinning areas and not see any new hairs growing, but somehow they still were.
    I KNOW you've been through this in your mind a million times, if you're anything like I am. But are you 100% certain it's induced by the fin? your libido is sky high and have you had a T and DHT test? (sorry, I don't follow these threads too closely)... any other sexual side effects. I'm just thinking there are a MILLION things that can induce TE, especially if your physiology is sensitive to it (trust me I know). If you've ruled everything else out, I would say f*ck it and try DUT for a couple months.

Ziggy,
    What I am saying is this - I have been through what you're going through, several of us have. For me, I got a HT when I had perfectly good hair, Lost half my hair throughout the 8 months following. I now have two sides of my head that look different. Busted my knee, more hair fell out... knee surgery, more and MORE AND MORE...I fell into a horrible depression, like you are...guess what, it magnified the problem even worst. You WILL NOT lose all your hair, I promise. WORST CASE scenario, you become a bit diffused thin... TE, if that's what you have, will come and go and then return again if you don't remove the trigger. If you''re 100% certain fin is the trigger, you have to remove it, or else you will continually recover and start shedding again and always be playing catch up. STRESS also causes hair loss. I know it's impossible to do, but try to take your mind off of it whenever you can.

James, thanks for the load of reassurance man. I had ****in awesome hair lol. I mean, i had a receding hairline, but it was not even bad. I used gel and made my hair look perfect everyday and then out of no where, pain and diffuse thinning. I thought I had an allergic reaction to minox because I got a rash under my armpit and I was getting red blotches from Cologne as well. Thought maybe propylene glycol allergy? Well, I quit that too, but my libido was high, I had oily hair, and pimples along my hairline. It's calmed down A LOT since, but my hair is destroyed mostly on the one side. Super thinned out. I want a transplant to restore it, but it's such choppy loss. It looks like bugs just went through and ate hair lol.

I have 13,000 but I'm going to need like 2400 grafts to restore my hairline. And, that's not even the only problem. Behind my hairline toward the back is messed up now too. I thought I had TE from working out maybe, but no hair has grown back in the areas. I still shed like 70 hairs between showering and just blow drying my hair and when it's wet, it looks sooooo diffused.

I'm just screwed with treatments now man and I wouldn't dare a reflex from dutasteride. So you got a transplant? Who did you use man? And how many grafts?

Quote Originally Posted by Dench57 View Post
    I tried Fin for 3 months and quit back in February due to reflex-hyper. 5 months later and it's still as bad as ever. Went from a NW0.5 to a NW2 in the space of 8 months, non-stop burning/itching/tingling all along my hairline, increased oiliness in hair and face, increased sex drive, massively accelerated hairloss. Did you get any of these symptoms?
    Yeah, I haven't really had oily scalp and face since my teens. Also getting quite a few zits on my forehead and over my scalp. One thing I found that sorta works for me is abstaining from masturbating for a couple weeks, then the sex drive tends to subside (along with the itch and oiliness to an extent), but that's hard to do.

Isn't DHT mainly responsible for sex drive? The curious thing is that I also did blood work almost exactly a year prior to the last bunch of tests, and T was pretty low, but still in in the nornal range, and DHT was like kinda in the middle of the range, but still normal. So over the course of this past year, my T decreased and DHT increased, drastically. Which also was happening at the same time my hair loss was accelerating.

(As a side note, weirdly enough, my facial hair has been growing way slower and thinner after my fin stint. Not sure what to make of this)

I'm going to see an endocrinologist today, and if they doesn't advise against testosterone therapy, I'm doing it.

I was diffuse thinning on just the left side hair line for some reason, everything else was SUPER thick... and I went to BOSLEY!! I kinda knew they weren't good news, but for some reason got a really good feel from the doc. Man, I didn't know much and didn't do much research and I PAID FOR IT!! She sold me on 900 grafts... transplanting them all through the left temple region and even in the middle... the transplants KILLED every native hair that they were implanted near... It's been about 2 years of the sickest nightmares I have ever had. I WAS not of fin, probably should have been, maybe those hairs would have a chance. I don't know. I see a bunch of really really tiny sprouts, but they have been that way for a YEAR!

Here is the weirdest part of all this hair loss. Like yourself, I would literally pluck about 5 hairs with just a light pull test, in every region. I would literally see 100-200 hairs in the sink just from brushing it. Then upon further investigation, I didn't really SEE many hairs growing back, JUST LIKE YOU. But as the time passed and as I would stare endlessly in the mirror at nothing in depression, I noticed it only became SLIGHTLY worst with time. If there were NO hairs regrowing, I would literally be negative norwood 8, haha. You need to have faith man. For additionally reassurance maybe go see a derm that has a high powered microscope, so they can analyze the rate of miniaturization. ALL I AM SAYING... is MOST of your hair will grow back, I have no doubt. I also know that in the MPB prone regions, some will grow back, but you may end up being diffused thin there, without any intervention. Transplant?? I would say at this stage HELL NO!! DON'T DO IT!! You are going to be transplanting into follicles that could still potentially grow hair AND, like myself, you may experience TE again and PERMANENT loss of a lot of your healthy hair, without any 5AR inhibitors.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Ziggy, I have seen your hair, you will NOT be bald... I have MPB (obviously) and I had THREE bouts of TE in 2 years... each one lasting anywhere from 3-8 months... basically non-stop TE - 200-300 hairs a DAY! Do the math. If you have approx 15,000 hairs on the top of you head AND your hair was not regrowing, you would be slick bald in 2 months flat. It itched, it burnt, and felt like ants were crawling all over it. Two years later and YES, I have about 60% of the hair I once had, but I still have hair. THE REASON why I thought I would be slick bald is because I would look into my thinning areas and not see any new hairs growing, but somehow they still were.
    I KNOW you've been through this in your mind a million times, if you're anything like I am. But are you 100% certain it's induced by the fin? your libido is sky high and have you had a T and DHT test? (sorry, I don't follow these threads too closely)... any other sexual side effects. I'm just thinking there are a MILLION things that can induce TE, especially if your physiology is sensitive to it (trust me I know). If you've ruled everything else out, I would say f*ck it and try DUT for a couple months.
    Sounds exactly like me. My hairline receded evenly now it's diffusing. I think our ''mpb'' is being kicked into high gear by something else. Stress/anxiety and probably some sort of toxicity

I know it’s 5 years later and lots of ground has likely been lost but for anybody who needs treatment for RH, I was able to reverse mine by applying Nizoral (Ketoconazole 1%) in conjunction with minoxidil and it even filled in my retrograde alopecia. The important thing is to NOT use Nizoral as a shampoo and instead use it as a leave-in topical. My father has DUPA, which I was probably doomed for as well. I’m currently going through RH right now because after cessation of dutasteride the first time and the RH that came with that, (it stopped on its own eventually) I started losing hair again and well, in desperation I tried it again. Same result. I’ve stopped again. So now my regimen is straight up Keto and Min. I have to use Nizoral multiple times a day because if I don’t, my hair will get really thin and my scalp will start burning. I have to rush to put it on every morning because the texture turns to shit literally overnight. But after about 6 minutes post-application, with minoxidil, my hair becomes insanely thick and the retrograde alopecia fills in. Hopefully my RH ends soon and I won’t have to use keto as often but for now, this is what I’m stuck with. I consider myself lucky to have even reversed it for any length of time.