+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hang in there bald at 20, you have a lot of time ahead of you and a good sense of humour. I have been through the same thing as you; sort out a reliable source of finasteride and be patient...learn and train as much as you can to put yourself in an employable position for what your strengths and interests are. If you are able to fix your problem then in time you will be glad you worked on yourself simultaneously (even though it is very hard when depressed), so when your confidence rises again you can hit the ground running and make some good $$$$

GOOD LUCK

Small update, yesterday I went to dermatologist by recommendation of my old GP. Well I paid for visit and she told me what I already knew ... she knew what's going on and told me thats androgenal and I have to take 1mg of propecia daily. I asked her if that isn't too much or if i could take less like 0.25 or at least 0.5 but she smiled and told me to do not mess around with splitting pills and take 1mg. Don't know what to think about it.
    Anyways I finally got my Propecia and 5% minox, and im after my 1st apply. And got a question ... do you always manage to spread 1mg on whole crown ... it was a bit hard for me and i skipped some areas. Also do i need to apply it twice?

And I have found something very interesting ... that already helped a lot of people: Folligen:Emu Oil (+Saw Palmetto) ®
    now need some good shampoo (RegenePure DR) and my journey begins ...

Hey BaldAt20! I'm the guy from the thread you answered! Now that i read your post, we have so much in common.I think exactly like you, hair is one of my top 3 things for me...

But unlike you, I started taking finasteride 1mg + minox as SOON as I was 17, you saw how my hair is right now I guess, so maybe if I didn't take these meds, I would've lost most of my hair much likely. Start taking fin as soon as you can man!

You got skype ? We're both 19 and we have the same thoughts, if u want, we can always talk about this horrible depression we're both having !

Quote Originally Posted by BaldAt20 View Post

And I have found something very interesting ... that already helped a lot of people: Folligen:Emu Oil (+Saw Palmetto) ®
    now need some good shampoo (RegenePure DR) and my journey begins ...
    that is all snake oil. don't waste ur time and money on that garbage. and be careful with propecia it can give u nasty sexual side effects. I experienced them myself within two weeks of trying it.

any update??

490 days later ...
    Its been a while since I have started my treatment.
    Minox 5% two times a day.1mg of fin every other day(its been proven that 1mg hit hard enough so hormones are starting to rise very slowly next day). And i tested every single option and this one actually work.

Its been fairly good.

That's how i have been thinking for whole damn year. I did everything to completely reduce stress. Also stopped any form of workout completely. No fast foods or any unhealthy food. (started to read indigents list of every product i eat)
    No aggressive shampoos that contain any sort of SLS etc. Only Nizoral (part of bald trinity) few times a month ... no burning or ichying effects compared to any other 'woman' type brands.
    Also abandoned usage of hair dryer.

Lately the coconut cult started to annoy me. Even my hairdresser asked my why i don't apply it to increase blood flow and thicken my hair.

This month I have bought best coconut oil, super virgin-cold pressed-unpurified.
    Applying few times a week as heated-liquid form on my scalp and hair.
    Also a little bit of cold one during day but only on hair (use this if you want completely straight hair ... frizz its a big issue when using minox)
    I tried adding 100% organic shea butter form my friend from Uganda but ... its to stiff and heated starts to froth a bit. I don't want to loose it natural value so as for now only coco. Soon i will buy 100% black seed oil and mix these two juices.
    Cant tell if its good or bad yet. But overall anything that natural cant hurt you.
    My hair became shiny ... like really shiny. Also silky smooth. AND YES frizz is over. I hard terrible curly hair for months ... god its been so simple. I was close to creatine treatment but been afraid of other consequences.

Did I noticed any improvement in:

Regrowth?
    Almost none ... well you might compare photos but you don't have to struggle with them everyday to cover bald spots. Also air and windy weather has become one of my biggest enemies.

Shedding?
    Well its been nice but now im afraid that bald spots strikes back. (it may be a feeling or not but my shirt has more hair than few months ago)

Are you happy with treatment results so far?
    Fck no.

Would you sell entrails to get all of crown hair back?
    Stupid and immature question ... of course-yes.

How do I feel lately when thinking about my hair?

Attached pictures present my current state as of 10.10.16
    Pictures made straight after shower with soft shampoo. Waited a little bit to dry completely and applied minox as always. Then coco right before sleep.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161010_191536.jpg

Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	48978Click image for larger version

Name:	20161010_191531.jpg

Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	48979Click image for larger version

Name:	20161010_191528.jpg

Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	48980Click image for larger version

Name:	20161010_191251.jpg

Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	48981Click image for larger version

Name:	20161010_191156.jpg

Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	48982Click image for larger version

Name:	20161010_191123.jpg

Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	48983Click image for larger version

Name:	20161010_190945.jpg

Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	48984Click image for larger version

Name:	20161010_190616.jpg

Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	48985Click image for larger version

Name:	20161010_190340.jpg

Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	48986Click image for larger version

Name:	20161010_190110.jpg

Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	48987Click image for larger version

Name:	20161010_185950.jpg

Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	48988Click image for larger version

Name:	20161010_185825.jpg

Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	48989

Don't kill yourself. There is life after hair loss. And don't have a mental breakdown over it like I did.

Acknowledge that yes, balding at a young age is horrible. Accept that you will get treated worse and feel less confident because of it.

But that doesn't mean you can do something about it at least partially. You don't have to spend all your 20's bald if you don't want to.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by BaldAt20 View Post
    What could I do ? I can't accept baldness because I had few serius accidents and my head have terrible shape. I can't imagine to live a proper life without a long hair. At least twice as much as now. I'm really depressed ... most of people's around me never seen me smiling ...
    Start using scientific proven medications. Would recommend Finasteride and Minoxidil. Also, please keep this in mind,
    the forehead does respond to Minoxidil, despite what some people might say.

I'm 19 as well and I'm in the exact situation as you. I'm also thinking of suicide just like you, and I don't want to risk my sexual health from propecia as I have heard too many horror stories. And some of these people will tell u women don't hate bald men but when you are 19 and going bald and all ur peers arent losing any hair, they will definitely choose the peers just because they have more hair.
    I'm thinking of killing myself on new years eve, until then I'm doing whatever the **** I want to, banging prostitutes and drugs, everything. Sorry just wanted to say it out.

Everybody feels that way. I feel that way myself a lot of times as well. It's just a feeling.

As people enter their twenties, both men and women, we become more open, sexually speaking.

Also, although are hormones are in their prime, the brain can continue to develop around the mid twenties.

I firmly believe that anxiety and intelligence are related.

Women have insecurities as well, such as their weight, and other physical characteristics that might fluctuate
    with time.

Personally, in my own opinion, as men, we see balding as a sign of age. Really, it isn't. Our follicles
    are able to created DHT. DHT is five times more powerful an androgen than testosterone is.

Hi there, don't be sad.