+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Survey: Finasteride Users on this forum (one big Finasteride Thread)

I figured maybe it'd be a cool thing for everyone on here using Finasteride (Propecia/Proscar) to give their experiences in one thread so anyone considering doing it can check it out.

It'd be easier to write a small quick summary good or bad instead of going into depth... but it's your call if you have more time to put something more detailed in. Even if you already posted in here about it. Having all the stories based in one area for reference would be nice. Also it's a nice thing in that this forum is one of (to me, the only) real honest place when it comes to information of Hair Treatment/Balding.

I just recently started taking it and I see threads on it all over that are all mixed results. One thread will have 5 people with bad results. Another with 2 people with amazing results... it'd be nice to get it all together and sort of tally it up.

I plan on continuing it (though like every guy I'm a little paranoid) but I intend on putting my results in here as well.

Anyhow, have at you!

I am a 23 Year old who has been taking finasteride 1mg since I was 18. Little to no regrowth, and hairline has receded further during this time, but the rate of loss seems to be significantly slower. I have experienced no side effects as a result of the medication.

I’m 30 years old and I've been taking Propecia for 12 years with very good results. I’ve had no side effects and have slowed my hair loss down considerably. I have only recently been considering a hair transplant but I still have an acceptable amount of hair.

Here's my long story
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...=1392#post1392

this is a post i had posted on another thread...--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i would absolutely get on propecia now! i wish i would have started as soon as i started showing signs on frontal hairloss! at 28 i started noticing loss in the temples and started rogaine. i asked my primary care doctor about propecia and she said to wait that there is to many side effects. i finally went to a ht doctor around 32 and he gave me propecia....and i have slowed most loss and have kept all of my crown just as thick as ever. even though my temples still are slowly receeding i wished i had started at 28. by the way i have no side effects at all! propecia definitely help will help slow and maybe keep what you have!

I got on proscar several months after I realised I was losing hair, which was actually further into the balding process than most guys probably are when they notice. I'll never understand how I missed it for so long. I'd say I was a NW2. Just recession at the front.

Anyway, I think my hairloss accelerated a bit after I started taking it. Up until then it had been very gradual and then I noticed some fairly rapid thinning (still only at the front) over the following months. That stopped, however, and I'd say that things have remained unchanged ever since. I would conservatively designate myself a NW2A. The younger guys in the other forums might call me a NW3.

Started December 2005, proscar 1.25 mg (roughly) per day. No other medications or products at all.

No side effects to speak of. I do notice itching and can feel small, zit-like things in my hairline if a skip a few days.

Personally I think that the anti-finasteride hysteria which lurks around some areas of the internet must be responsible for a lot of unnecessary balding in the guys who choose to listen to the loud minority over the mostly silent majority.
    Last edited by mattj; 01-08-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Mattj......i couldnt agree more with your last comment about propecia!

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    I got on proscar several months after I realised I was losing hair, which was actually further into the balding process than most guys probably are when they notice. I'll never understand how I missed it for so long. I'd say I was a NW2. Just recession at the front.

Anyway, I think my hairloss accelerated a bit after I started taking it. Up until then it had been very gradual and then I noticed some fairly rapid thinning (still only at the front) over the following months. That stopped, however, and I'd say that things have remained unchanged ever since. I would conservatively designate myself a NW2A. The younger guys in the other forums might call me a NW3.

Started December 2005, proscar 1.25 mg (roughly) per day. No other medications or products at all.

No side effects to speak of. I do notice itching and can feel small, zit-like things in my hairline if a skip a few days.

Personally I think that the anti-finasteride hysteria which lurks around some areas of the internet must be responsible for a lot of unnecessary balding in the guys who choose to listen to the loud minority over the mostly silent majority.
    The thing is that hair doesn't serve any useful purpose other than cosmetics, so for some people keeping your hair while potentially destroying your hormonal balance isn't worth it.

22 year old male suffering from hair loss from 4 years on my both temples planning to use finasteride but very much afraid of side effects so please any suggest me about this plz give reply

Quote Originally Posted by rohith View Post
    22 year old male suffering from hair loss from 4 years on my both temples planning to use finasteride but very much afraid of side effects so please any suggest me about this plz give reply
    are you really going to take a pill for 65 years?

I had to get surgery on my left breast from Propecia. Not a big deal but I developed gyno, and a small tumor started to grow, Thanks Merck, lol

I had a major shed as well that scared the hell out me.

Oh well I gave it a try

You’ve really had some bad luck in your hair loss battle Mr. 4000. I’m sorry hear about all of this.