+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I'm 28, and I have been taking finasteride for about 10 months. My response has been fantastic, to the extent that it is possibly atypical. Before I started taking propecia I had the beginnings of a NW3 situation. Everyone I knew commented on the developing bald spot. Thankfully, my barber was willing to help hide it, and with his clever cutting, and black hair dye, my hair appeared ok.

However, I knew that it was going to get worse, so I started on finasteride. Within 4 months I could see shitloads of new white hairs on both my hairline and crown. at about 6 months it was visualy obvious that my hair was a lot thicker. And at ten months, where I am at right now, I do not have any obvious signs of baldness. MY bald spot has completely filled in. It's perhaps a little less dense than the rest of my hair, but it is absolutely amazing.

One year ago, I was at a party where I asked a girl to guess my age. She said 28. Two weeks ago, a different girl thought I was 22. That demonstrates how much my hair had improved thanks to propecia. I have had no sides. It is just an awesome and safe drug.

Been on Proscar (1mg) for over 10 years - haulted further loss entirely!

Best thing i ever did in terms of preventing further loss.

Mattj makes a good point.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by rotsen182 View Post
    reasons?
    explain please
    balding at a faster rate than when i was not on the prescription. Personally though, I would recommend anyone the product due to the fact that the individual does have a chance of hair re-growth. But what i have seen from my own personal results (and from others i know personally) i will definitely warn them of the possible outcomes. Happy to see some of yall with great results though.

I’ve been taking Propecia for 6 years with decent results and zero side effects. I’ve kept most of the hair I had when I started but the texture is not quite as good as it was the first year on Propecia. All in all I would recommend that people give it a try.

Default Rotsen

C'mon Rotsen, could you please answer us?

So please tell me what you believe caused your Propecia sides to dissapear? What advice can you give? I tried iit at differing doses but no relief! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TimAllen45 View Post
    C'mon Rotsen, could you please answer us?

So please tell me what you believe caused your Propecia sides to dissapear? What advice can you give? I tried iit at differing doses but no relief! Thank you!

i think i just got used to the drug, but after 6 months of using finas, i had a mayor shed... went back to almost 5 months ago, what i noticed now i that my libido went up.. right now im taking 1/4 of pill keto shampoo EOD and minox 1ml twice a day

I have been on finasteride for over 2 months now. I am into my third month. No side effects. I am getting regrowth, though mostly due to minoxidil I think.

I DO think finasteride made me shed though since I shed all over my scalp even at the BACk when I started using it.

Any others experience that?

Been on it for about 10 months or so. Didn't notice any increased shedding. No side effects at all. Or any results. In fact it's as though I've been eating expensive tic tacs.

No results? Did you lose hair?

Iv been on prop for around 13 months now. It has definitely helped me in keeping what is left and I eventually went on it after 3 small fue s. Hated the idea of going on it but I kept going back for a top up ht every year so in the head I had no choice unless I wanted to look like a freak as none of have the doner to cover our full head. Also at the time I was starting to thin on my Crown and very much to my surprise it filled in my Crown in around 2-3 weeks. Also I dnt think iv had any serious side effects

But but but,

What the hell am I going to do when My future mrs and I want to plan for a family. From what I know it's very very risky for the women if I'm on it when trying for a child. So this plays on my mind daily because I know if I was off it I'd go to a Norwood 4-6 in just a couple of months. Iv been told to go on minoxidal when coming of propecia but this causes a massive shed when u start and when u come of it

So this is something I worry about every few hours of every day I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that something else will become available. Either way propecia has brought me some time and for now and I have a very good head of hair