+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What's going on with my scalp? Baldness or something else?

Hello!

I am so worried about my hair. When I was a teenager, my hair was long, curly and fluffly. I had a lot of hair on my head! But, when I was 19, just over one summer, my hair turned thinner. Now, I am 25 years old, and since 6 years my hair has been thin more or less.

No one in my family have baldness. My father is 60 and have very thick curly hair. Even my grandfather on mother’s side, who passade away 75 years old, had thick hair (Fantastic!?). All my brother’s have thick hair, and no problem with baldness runs in the family on both sides.

What can be the reason for my thin hair? When I was young, I did not like my curly hair, so therefore I straighten the hair every day. Can that cause problem in the scalp?

My hairline is exactly the same now as It was when I was young. I have low hairline and it is low now also.

I asked 3 hairdresser, but none of them could for sure tell what is the reason for my hair loss. I would preciate if you could tell me what you think about my hair. I will post some photos of my hair in different conditions.

Many thanks!

Dry hair day time:

Dry hair in the morning after one night’s sleep:

Wet:

Hairline:

Ur pictures shows the pattern to your hair loss. Possibly it is the case of mob.

Sorry, mpb

Hey man. Firstly I'm not sure either. It could be diffuse thinning like normal mpb but again if there is zero balding in your family then go see a doctor. Just because no one else is bald doesnt mean you can't have the genes but it could indicate something else.

Good news If it is mpb then fin and minox can be very successful in thinning hair. Doesnt work so great on the hairline.

Stay strong man!

Quote Originally Posted by robincurtz View Post
    Ur pictures shows the pattern to your hair loss. Possibly it is the case of mob.
    yeah, but what is strange; My hair baldness has been the same for almost 6 years, and my hairline is exactly the same as when I was a teenager. Only in the middle of my head. Some periods it is even better than right now.

I thought male pattern baldness means it becomes worse and worse by the time?

What do you mean by "case of mob" ?

Before I cut it shorter, my curls made it appears thicker.

Yeah, I also made a DNA test and my report for baldness said: "decreased risk of male pattern baldness".

I also have very curly dry hair, but always wanted straight hair. So always when I got to the barber, I show photos of hairstyles with straighter hair, and always make it appear more straight than it is.

Maybe that routine destroys my hair? Maybe if I let my hair grows and treat it like I should with curls (I have read tutorials - And they said the opposite from what I did in my life). Also, the curls hide the bald pretty well, at least from behind.

I think mine looks more like the woman in this picture: http://hairlossgoodnews.com/wp-conte...-hair-loss.jpg

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi Power' !!

Im GLAD that you joined this forum!
    You are at the right place to be given the best advice!

I must tell you this~ Do NOT freak-out or get STRESSED out over that possibility!
    I have no doubts that other people around you really do not notice any hairloss on your head.

It seems there is possibly thinning...and that could be a natural thing to experience but if it is thinning, it might not get any worse.
    I agree with what JayM recommended and that is to see your doctor asap.

One more thing , DO NOT become STRESSED OUT over this!
    Stress CAN & WILL cause hair loss! That is the TRUTH!!

Hang around here Power'!
    No worries!!!

Ok, thanks for your input.

The reality is, for sure I had both stress and a bit depression last 6 years... Mybe that can cause my condition?

And also, my hair appears different time to time. Sometimes I think "Oh yes, my hair going back!!" but then about 6 months later, its thinner again.. Kinda frustrating...

I found a picture 5 years old, and took the same I possibly could take today from the same angle. I think it was a bit worse 5 years ago? But it's on the other hand, curlier today.. So I don't know