+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default is finasteride the only way

There's really never been a case of mpb being fixed without surgery or fin? Not even one single case?

I tried pumpkin seed oil because its supposed to work on mpb but I stopped because of all the shedding. Kinda scared of shedding on fin

There are alternatives but nothing's perfect. Fin is the "safest" in that it's approved by the FDA and is the easiest to get.

Minoxidil obviously; RU58841; saw palmetto oil?

I think some supplements have the chance of working for MPB like saw palmetto since I tried it a long time ago. The issue is no one knows anything about dosages or what results would be. I dont think the normal 320mg of saw palmetto is enough to do anything for hair loss but it might help prostate issues. Also the potency and form of it matters too. I dont think powder gets absorbed as well as say liquid extracts either. All that being said if you took a super dose of saw palmetto and it did do something your going to just get fin like sides anyways so what was the point? Possible it works differently but seems doubtful.
    There arent many good choices for MPB right now as evidenced by all the balding men still around. Tons of snake oils exist so best to stick to proven things minox,fin,dut. Experimentals like RU could work too. I wouldnt bother with supplements except for health reasons

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I think some supplements have the chance of working for MPB like saw palmetto since I tried it a long time ago. The issue is no one knows anything about dosages or what results would be. I dont think the normal 320mg of saw palmetto is enough to do anything for hair loss but it might help prostate issues. Also the potency and form of it matters too. I dont think powder gets absorbed as well as say liquid extracts either. All that being said if you took a super dose of saw palmetto and it did do something your going to just get fin like sides anyways so what was the point? Possible it works differently but seems doubtful.
    There arent many good choices for MPB right now as evidenced by all the balding men still around. Tons of snake oils exist so best to stick to proven things minox,fin,dut. Experimentals like RU could work too. I wouldnt bother with supplements except for health reasons
    Found this:
    http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/pum...erse-balding-2

This seems to have similar results to fin. Too good to be true.

Thats a pretty small study and not even a mention of the mechanism of action of why pumpkin seed oil does anything. Also no dosage information. I find it odd if pumpkin seed oil were to work by altering 5 ar like finasteride that they would not measure DHT levels. Also seems sides would be similar to fin if it works by same action

Quote Originally Posted by RU58841 View Post
    There are alternatives but nothing's perfect. Fin is the "safest" in that it's approved by the FDA and is the easiest to get.

Minoxidil obviously; RU58841; saw palmetto oil?
    Safe and Finasteride should not be in a sentence together.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Thats a pretty small study and not even a mention of the mechanism of action of why pumpkin seed oil does anything. Also no dosage information. I find it odd if pumpkin seed oil were to work by altering 5 ar like finasteride that they would not measure DHT levels. Also seems sides would be similar to fin if it works by same action
    Heres the full study. I tried it myself and stopped because it made me shed like crazy
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4017725/

They mention saw palmetto being more effective than fin which I have a hard time believing. Also Finasteride is very very safe if you look at the stats on problems. I mean its pretty much fact that a minority of men have issues with it. To me that combined with it being in real world use for about 30 years now tells me its pretty safe.

Shedding is NOT common on fin, and has never been observed clinically. It is only anecdotal reports that claim this.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Shedding is NOT common on fin, and has never been observed clinically. It is only anecdotal reports that claim this.
    Shedding is very common on fin and it's not just anecdotes. I have pictures and my hair loss isn't even that bad.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...on-Finasteride