+ Reply to Thread

Default Traveling while taking Fin.

Hi there. I'm currently taking 1mg of Finasteride and have been doing so for about 3 weeks now. I'm not sure what brand it is, when I receive it I get it in a little tube. No brand name on it.

I have a job that requires me to travel lots for long periods of time. This month I have to go to the UK for 3 months or longer. I was wondering 2 things: 1. Has anyone had any experience with traveling (for a long period) while taking Fin and how did you resolve it? 2. Will switching brands of Fin matter? Or is it all the same? I'm probably going to see a doctor in the UK and get them to prescribe it to me over there, and I'm not sure if they will make it the same over there, or switch brands etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

pack up your pills and take it with you!

and some say that the band name propecia works better than the generics, other say there is no difference. brand name cost $90 is the US at the pharmacy for a month supply, while you can get generics for $8 a month. so its up to you on that one? but def since u just started don't slack on taking it, bring as much as you can, and take every other day if you feel like ur running out and have to stretch it

just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    pack up your pills and take it with you!

and some say that the band name propecia works better than the generics, other say there is no difference. brand name cost $90 is the US at the pharmacy for a month supply, while you can get generics for $8 a month. so its up to you on that one? but def since u just started don't slack on taking it, bring as much as you can, and take every other day if you feel like ur running out and have to stretch it

just my 2 cents
    Definitely will be taking my pills with me. That will only last me up until July though, and I'll be there until September and maybe longer. I dont intend on slacking whatsoever. If I have to switch brands do you think it will be taking a step back? Or will it be okay? They might even prescribe me generic fin like I'm on now anyway. No way of knowing I guess.

honestly, i cant tell you man. when i was on generic, the pills would be diff everytime. sometime white, sometime red. i just cant see myself going back to paying 70 bucks for generics at the pharmacy when i can get it for 8 dollars a month at costco. if you are in the us, stock up with some costco fin so u won't have to pay pounds in england.

Quote Originally Posted by winkywoo View Post
    Definitely will be taking my pills with me. That will only last me up until July though, and I'll be there until September and maybe longer. I dont intend on slacking whatsoever. If I have to switch brands do you think it will be taking a step back? Or will it be okay? They might even prescribe me generic fin like I'm on now anyway. No way of knowing I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    honestly, i cant tell you man. when i was on generic, the pills would be diff everytime. sometime white, sometime red. i just cant see myself going back to paying 70 bucks for generics at the pharmacy when i can get it for 8 dollars a month at costco. if you are in the us, stock up with some costco fin so u won't have to pay pounds in england.
    I hear ya. Thanks anyway!!