+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Any success with Revage 670 laser by Apira Science?

Hello,

I am new to this forum and was hoping those more knowledgeable in the community might provide me with some direction regarding laser hair therapy.

I am a 38 year old white male with thinning hair in the front and a receding hairline. Met with an IARHS surgeon today in Austin, TX. He recommended 2000 grafts and a treatment with his Revage 670 laser by Apira Science. He is confident that the laser will increase the appearance of my hair.

Hoping someone on this board might have had some experience with laser thearpy and provide me with some feedback. Sounds very skeptical to me....

Thank you,
    Eric

I think that if you are on Propecia and have the transplant, that’s the best it’s going to get. If you’re not taking Propecia then you might want to give lasers a try since you want to maintain the hair that you have once you have surgery.

Yes, on Propecia for close to ten years. I will continue to stay on the Propecia. Was hoping someone on the board might have tried a physican assisted laser therapy.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I also use the Revage 670 Laser in my office. I have had many patients very satisfied with the laser treatments. Most fel that at the very least the hair they had feels fuller, has more body, and is more managable. However, I have also had some patients who went through the laser treatment program and did not see much of a visual change. I tell all potential laser patients that the worst case scenario is that nothing really happens. No harm was caused, but some money was spent and they did not get much of a result.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Default Factual Evidence?

Dr. Charles - is there any evidence re: the success of laser therapy? Any clinical trials from indy sources? I would like to know if laser therapy really has helped to promote the growth of hair for your patients or if what your patients experienced was a placebo effect?

I have been using the revage 670 for 7 months now, what i can tell you is that the areas that had hair are a lot thicker and fuller. Where as the areas where the follicles had died have seen zero to minimal results. From what I know there are numerous studys done on the r-670 all giving great feedback. Where i go they take a look at your scalp with a capilicare scope to see if you are a good candidate, if you are i would definably give it a shot. From everyone that ive talked to that has done the laser even if it was minimal results they all had more hair then before they started and if they didnt do it they wouldve had a lot less.

Something smells a little fishy with JasonWildon’s posts. Do you work for any laser clinic Jason? Forgive me if I’m reading this wrong but your posts seem a little contrived. I hope its okay to post this Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by blowmeup View Post
    Something smells a little fishy with JasonWildon’s posts. Do you work for any laser clinic Jason? Forgive me if I’m reading this wrong but your posts seem a little contrived. I hope its okay to post this Admin.
    I think I mostly answered you in my other post in the other topic. I do not work for and hair restoration clinic. I recently quit my job and am now retired. Sold my house in Vancouver Canada when the market crashed in the states and invested it in the market. I made enough to hopefully not have to work anymore. Right now there are still great deals on stocks to be had, if you have any extra money start investing! Or at least take 5% in what you make and throw it in a rsp, youll never miss 5% and youll thank your self when you retire.
    Getting a little off topic there. But the main thing is if something works for me I
    of course will tell others to give it a shot, look into it more. And if something doesn't work for me i do the same.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I still feel that the effects of the laser treatments are more related to hair quality than hair quanity. Nothing takes dead hair folicles and brings them back to life. There are some things that can stimulate a sleeping hair follicle to generate a new hair or take a hair that is going thru the miniturization process and make it a thicker healthier hair.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    I still feel that the effects of the laser treatments are more related to hair quality than hair quanity. Nothing takes dead hair folicles and brings them back to life. There are some things that can stimulate a sleeping hair follicle to generate a new hair or take a hair that is going thru the miniturization process and make it a thicker healthier hair.
    That is a very significant reply you posted here Dr. Charles and it is true that sometimes laser hair treatments are not appropriate and thus results in loss of money.

Miniturization process occurs in male and with time it covers with fine vellus hair and due to this pigmentation affects allot.

I believe that propecia can be very helpful for hair loss and there are so many people I know who are getting good response.