+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No, that's not really bad at all, Looks like you're at the beginning stages of MPB with a little diffuse thinning in crown and maybe at hair line. if it gets thinner over the next year or so, consider propecia and minox. Actually you could hop on minox right now and see if it helps.

Thanks.

I have been on minoxidil from January to December 2014. Decided to quit because I had the impression it was aggravating my previously pretty mild recession. I don't think I have seen the dreaded quitting shed after that, but my hair has gotten worse over the course of these past months. The thing is I have been applying minox pretty much all over my scalp, because my hair has become thinner some time around late 2013 (not the overall density, but the thickness of individual hairs), but that was nothing compared to the current situation. Could it be that the current diffuse thinning is some sort of reaction to cancelling minoxidil 6 months ago (telogen effluvium?)?

I also tried fin, was on it for about a month around November '14. Had to quit due to sides, and strangely enough the repressed DHT came back 5 times higher after quitting (the hyperandrogenicity effect; I replied to Ziggyz123's similar account of it in a neighbouring thread). I also have very low testosterone, and that really ruins my life at the moment (can't lose weight, have very little energy, etc.) Currently my plan is to undergo TRT, which perhaps could decrease the possibility of me having sides when I try fin again (and has been also reported to bring DHT in balance).

Quote Originally Posted by RobertF View Post
    Thanks.

I have been on minoxidil from January to December 2014. Decided to quit because I had the impression it was aggravating my previously pretty mild recession. I don't think I have seen the dreaded quitting shed after that, but my hair has gotten worse over the course of these past months. The thing is I have been applying minox pretty much all over my scalp, because my hair has become thinner some time around late 2013 (not the overall density, but the thickness of individual hairs), but that was nothing compared to the current situation. Could it be that the current diffuse thinning is some sort of reaction to cancelling minoxidil 6 months ago (telogen effluvium?)?

I also tried fin, was on it for about a month around November '14. Had to quit due to sides, and strangely enough the repressed DHT came back 5 times higher after quitting (the hyperandrogenicity effect; I replied to Ziggyz123's similar account of it in a neighbouring thread). I also have very low testosterone, and that really ruins my life at the moment (can't lose weight, have very little energy, etc.) Currently my plan is to undergo TRT, which perhaps could decrease the possibility of me having sides when I try fin again (and has been also reported to bring DHT in balance).
    Hi RobertF, do you think you did good by quitting minox? I am on it 7 months now with no signs of regrowth and really bad hairline and i think 40% density loss.

Well, at least I'm pretty sure that my hair hasn't gotten any worse since quitting. I probably shoud've not gotten on it in the first place, since my hair loss doesn't seem to be aggressive after all.

Well, at least I'm pretty sure that my hair hasn't gotten any worse since quitting. I probably shoud've not gotten on it in the first place, since my hair loss doesn't seem to be aggressive after all.
    But i was getting worse on minox right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez123 View Post
    But i was getting worse on minox right?
    Yes, it looked like minox was speeding it up for some reason.

Yes, it looked like minox was speeding it up for some reason.
    Do you think i should quit minox after 6 months of speeding hairloss with no signs it does anything besides speeding it up? (no thicker hairs etc)

It would be difficult for me to make that call. All I know is, I would have stopped minoxidil earlier if I could go back. But everyone is different. The usual advice on forums is to ride it out for at least a year before deciding whether to continue with any treatment. But at the same I've seen a lot of people claim minox exacerbated their hair loss (i.e. the hair they lost in what looked like the initial shedding never grew back). It's a ****ing gamble.

How bad was your hairloss before you got on minoxidil? How agressive? Did you lose a lot of hair over a short period of time? Are you on any anti-androgen currently?