+ Reply to Thread

Default Convinced it's not "male pattern baldness" ... hear me out

Hi everyone -

50 year old male here, who has had a bald spot (similar somewhat to 5V on the Norcross chart) for over 20 years now. As I said in the title, I'm positive it's not male pattern baldness and here's why:

In the 80's as a teen / early 20 -ish year old, I used to color my hair VERY blonde (natural color is brown). A friend of mine did it for years but then moved out of the area so I went to a salon. Took a picture in and showed it to a hairdresser and she proceeded to burn the hell out of the crown of my head. Shortly after I began losing hair and I just took it as a huge mistake on my part for letting her do that to me. Hated it more than anything but what could I do, I thought ...

So, now I'm 50, the remainder is my hair is still somewhat thick and I want the rest of my hair back. Call it a mid life crisis or whatever. Don't need the fancy car or the 18 year old trophy girlfriend (well ... ahem) - I just want my damn hair back.

I've tried several shampoo / conditioner combinations that were supposed to help solve the problem, as well as raw aloe from a plant in our yard. I even had an appointment with a dermatologist about something else and mentioned the issue to him while there. He wound up prescribing me the medication that doctors use to fight prostate issues (I believe that is mentioned somewhere in the "Treatment" section on the site).

So, any ideas? Any help?? Anything at all??? Have I waited too long, maybe????

Thanks

Generally aloe vera works great in this kind of situation to improve quality of hair. It is a natural hair conditioner. How long you did use it?
    Try to use organic products that have no chemical ingredients on it that repairs the hair.

Thanks Odam.

I've been using aloe vera for a couple of months now (and continue to use it) and I THINK I've seen a little bit of growth but not a whole lot. Can you give me an example of some organic products??