+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default When does shedding end post minoxidil?

Anyone have experience quitting minox? I quit in December and have been shedding up until now. Wondering how much longer this is going to go on for..

it will never end until you go bald in the areas that you were meant to go bald

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    Anyone have experience quitting minox? I quit in December and have been shedding up until now. Wondering how much longer this is going to go on for..

Warner, have you quit yourself?

hell no. i want to keep my hair.

you've been off minor for 6 months now, you are not experiencing minox shed. you my friend are losing hair from dht in your scalp, and you my friend need to either get on fin, or fin + minox to keep your hair
    Warner, have you quit yourself?

Ok man, you need to stop. I've been on fin for 1 year and 7 months. I stopped minox because I developed seborrheic derm. And my scalp was inflamed for 4.5 months.

I'm shedding exactly where minox was applied but it's been slowing a little more. I want to get a transplant and would like the shedding to stabilize so I don't have that island in the front of my head, that's all.

Now, I'd like to hear from somebody that has experience in quitting for whatever reason.

so you left out a lot key points, mainly you being on fin, and having seborrhea dermatitis. how the hell was i suppose to to know all that? anyhow, good luck with whatever you have going on

Ok man, you need to stop. I've been on fin for 1 year and 7 months. I stopped minox because I developed seborrheic derm. And my scalp was inflamed for 4.5 months.

I'm shedding exactly where minox was applied but it's been slowing a little more. I want to get a transplant and would like the shedding to stabilize so I don't have that island in the front of my head, that's all.

Now, I'd like to hear from somebody that has experience in quitting for whatever reason.

That’s a beauty of this hair loss drugs. They work as long as you continue to take them. If you aren't using fin or some effective topical AA, you're gonna end up well below baseline shortly anyway. It will take 6-12 months since your last minox dose (closer to 6) until you find you what your "real baseline" is.

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    hell no. i want to keep my hair.

you've been off minor for 6 months now, you are not experiencing minox shed. you my friend are losing hair from dht in your scalp, and you my friend need to either get on fin, or fin + minox to keep your hair

agree, get back on ASAP

I've been off of minox now since December so this is like 6 months. I honestly can't get back on. I'm not sure what caused irritation, but minox definitely didn't help the inflammation. And, i want get a transplant and not worry about my hairline anymore. I just want my shedding to stabilize before I get the transplant for obvious reasons.

Hey i have used 5% minox from around april 2011-december 2013. I had some blood pressure sides (not even sure 100% it was that or maybe i just had anxiety of some sort).
    I stopped using minoxidil december 2012 and in july 2013 had a HST procedure with HASCI, before my hair got shaved the doc told i still had some "minox hairs". After that my hair was super short so i couldnt realy tell, but i would easily say between 6-9 months return to baseline if your not super advanced hairloss.