+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice

Default Need advice

Hello all,

I have been pondering whether or not to make an account on here for a couple of months now and I would love some advice.

I am almost 31 years of age and have a condition called leaky gut syndrome which I have been in the process of healing. I am not sure if this contributes to the below but I thought it was worth mentioning. In terms of MBP genetics, my brother is 27 and its receding and thinning quite badly. My maternal grandfather went bald at the age of 21. My maternal cousins are all in their mid twenties and losing their hair rapidly.

Despite this, I have always had very thick hair until the past couple of years. Hairdressers would always comment how thick my hair was and always had to find ways to make it thin out so it would sit better. However, in the past year or so my hairdresser now uses terms such as 'I've tried to make it look fuller on top' and 'we can use this bit to fill that gap'. A marked difference.

I've noticed that since my health problems started, my hair has been gradually thinning out and receding at the temples and towards the front. I have been using Alpecin shampoo for the past year to see if this helps and also trying to improve my diet. Sadly, this doesn't seem to have worked and my hair is only getting worse. My hair is quite long so it is not as noticeable as it might be but as time goes by, and the thinning becomes more and more aggressive, I notice that I am struggling to maintain my hairstyle. If I shaved my head I think people would be very shocked at the state of my hairline.

I have included a photo of my crown. My girlfriend reckons that it's just a normal parting but I disagree. I will include some photos of the front when I can.

What I am looking for is some opinions on the state of my hair loss and what I should do to maintain what I have or even possibly gain any regrowth. I have been toying with the idea of starting Fin but I am getting married in a couple of months so the prospect of shedding and my hair becoming even worse terrifies me as I want to look my best for wedding photos etc.

Any opinions would be welcomed. Thanks

[IMG]http://www.*****************/interact/attachment.php?attachmentid=33053&d=1432902804[/IMG]

Leaky gut syndrome also creates a long list of mineral deficiencies because the various carrier proteins present in the gastrointestinal tract that are needed to transport minerals from the intestine to the blood are damaged by the inflammation process. One of it, is zinc deficiency; malabsorption of which can result in hair loss or baldness as occurs in alopecia areata. Changing your diet can help you to great extent for healing your gut in faster way. You have to eat small amounts of meat or fish, vegetables and some well-chosen carbohydrates. Once the gut is healed, the inflammations in the body stop and the hair can grow again. But this is only possible if the reason behind your hair loss is this condition. If it is MPB (as you mentioned family history), you may need to follow drug treatment to control further hair loss.
    Have you been to dermatologist? If not, I will recommend one; you may need few hormonal tests to confirm MPB and then start treatment accordingly. Early intervention is often helpful in such cases. However, I personally prefer to keep a gap of 1 year between starting fin and wedding as many users face initial shedding with fin and it can take up to a year to see any difference.