+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Balding or Fat?

Default Balding or Fat?

I was hanging out with my cousin, who's a girl, and a few of her friends. And they started talking about random people. Then, they got on a topic of this one guy's who's pretty overweight. Not obese, but definitely a chunky dude. Of course, his weight isn't a positive thing about him, but then she goes "he's big, but at least he's not balding."
    Her friends all seem to agree (or at least not disagree), and I'm just sitting there thinking "wtf." Do girls actually think "balding" is worse than being fat? I mean... Jesus Christ, if that's the case, then I might as well go kill myself if i can't out-compete a fat dude for a chick.
    Have you guys heard the same?

i think its common among young people let´s say early 20 ... im 36 and at my age its better to be thin and bald than fat and hairy

cheers

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

That is not necessarily the norm. Different groups of people will have their own ideas about what they feel is unattractive. Stay positive and other people will see and feel your confidence, which is attractive to most people. You have to find someone that likes you the way you are, but first you must like yourself.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

thats ridiculous who gets more ass Jason Staham or John Candy

For starters John Candy is dead, so I don't think it’s fair to compare the two. But seriously, that is ridiculous! Most women would prefer a fit balding guy then a fat guy any day!

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    For starters John Candy is dead, so I don't think it’s fair to compare the two. But seriously, that is ridiculous! Most women would prefer a fit balding guy then a fat guy any day!
    I think certainly a fit bald guy >>>> fat guy with hair, but balding is the tricky one. Balding is infinitely worse than bald, since one can be a style, while the other is simply a genetic defect.

how would get more action? fat hairy guy of bald fit guy?

Definitely bald or balding and fit for sure! Fat is not were it’s at. Women don’t mind a few extra pounds, even a bit of a pot belly is ok, but FAT is not cool!

Well look at it another way.....

Would you rather be bald or fat?

I am sure most people would say fat as you can easily do something about that, whereas hair loss your screwed.

Most if not all the balding guys I know of my age have girlfriends so girls obviously don't mind bald guys but I don't know how hard those girls are to find. One of these guys I know looks pretty terrible bald especially as he has lost everything from the top and leaves the back and sides too long but he is married.

I was on facebook the other night and saw a photo of a hot girl with her husband, she was amazingly pretty and he was hideously bald, it did not suit him, he looked like a geek and was really skinny. I was so shocked that such a pretty girl was interested in him.

Maybe thats rare, maybe he was just lucky. Even if he had hair she still would have been too good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckerine11 View Post
    Do girls actually think "balding" is worse than being fat?
    Not this girl. Being fat is generally an indication that a person does not think enough of themselves to take care of themselves. This is not always the case of course but usually it is. Now before any of you accuse me of being prejudice against fat people, I became very fat myself due to the deep depression my hair loss sent me into. I managed to pull myself out of that deep depression, started taking care of myself and now I am no longer fat. I am certainly not as skinny as I was before hair loss ruined my life but I am not fat anymore.

There is a lot a person can do about being fat. There is only so much a person can do about hair loss. I would never reject a man simply because he is bald. However, I probably would reject a man because he is fat. If he does not think enough of himself to take care of himself, how can anyone expect him to think enough of anyone else to take care of anyone else?