+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Balding or Fat?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Not this girl. Being fat is generally an indication that a person does not think enough of themselves to take care of themselves. This is not always the case of course but usually it is. Now before any of you accuse me of being prejudice against fat people, I became very fat myself due to the deep depression my hair loss sent me into. I managed to pull myself out of that deep depression, started taking care of myself and now I am no longer fat. I am certainly not as skinny as I was before hair loss ruined my life but I am not fat anymore.

There is a lot a person can do about being fat. There is only so much a person can do about hair loss. I would never reject a man simply because he is bald. However, I probably would reject a man because he is fat. If he does not think enough of himself to take care of himself, how can anyone expect him to think enough of anyone else to take care of anyone else?
    Bias, however.

Not this girl. Being fat is generally an indication that a person does not think enough of themselves to take care of themselves. This is not always the case of course but usually it is. Now before any of you accuse me of being prejudice against fat people, I became very fat myself due to the deep depression my hair loss sent me into. I managed to pull myself out of that deep depression, started taking care of myself and now I am no longer fat. I am certainly not as skinny as I was before hair loss ruined my life but I am not fat anymore.

There is a lot a person can do about being fat. There is only so much a person can do about hair loss. I would never reject a man simply because he is bald. However, I probably would reject a man because he is fat. If he does not think enough of himself to take care of himself, how can anyone expect him to think enough of anyone else to take care of anyone else?
    How bad was your hairloss?

Which surgeon did you see and what procedure did you have?

Has your hairloss stopped or will you continue to need hair transplants?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Bias, however.
    Yeah you are right. Being a hair loss sufferer myself of course I am biased. However, I feel most women would agree that being fat is worse than being bald.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Has your hairloss stopped or will you continue to need hair transplants?
    I am reasonably sure treatment has stopped my hair loss. I grew a lot of hair back with non surgical treatments (laser comb, Minoxidil etc). I also had FUT to fill in the areas that would not grow back. My hair is still filling in even now, almost 17 months after surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckerine11 View Post
    I mean... Jesus Christ, if that's the case, then I might as well go kill myself if i can't out-compete a fat dude for a chick.
    The best comment i've ever read on this forum !!

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    The best comment i've ever read on this forum !!
    Actually I think that was one of the wost comments I've read here. Hair loss is not the end of the world, especially for guys. Your situation could be a lot worse. Count your blessings more than your curses.

Actually I think that was one of the wost comments I've read here. Hair loss is not the end of the world, especially for guys. Your situation could be a lot worse. Count your blessings more than your curses.
    I don't have any blessings, I have no hair and a tiny penis.

I don't have any blessings, I have no hair and...
    Don't think like that. You do have blessings. You will be able to see them if you open your eyes and try.

You talk a lot about having HT surgery but what have you actually done to address your hair loss? Have you been in to see a doctor yet?

Don't think like that. You do have blessings. You will be able to see them if you open your eyes and try.

You talk a lot about having HT surgery but what have you actually done to address your hair loss? Have you been in to see a doctor yet?
    Sorry that previous comment was a joke, I thought it would make Folly laugh.

LOL yes I went and saw a doctor 11 years ago about my hairloss.

So I definately got that step out the way lol.

LOL yes I went and saw a doctor 11 years ago about my hairloss.

So I definately got that step out the way lol.
    Sorry I didn't realize it was a joke. I don't always get guy humor and I sometimes have blonde moments.

Anyways, eleven years ago was a long time. A lot has changed since then. Eleven years ago I thought I was cursed to wearing wigs for the rest of my life. Now I do not need to wear a wig anymore - unless I want to, which is almost never.

Obviously hair loss really bothers you - and I completely understand that, probably much more than you realize. I think it would be a good idea to go talk to a doctor again.

Welp. This thread is depressing. Apparently we're worse than fat people. Hurrah.