HASCI - -How well does it work? Now we'll be able to find out! - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default HASCI - -How well does it work? Now we'll be able to find out!

The thing is, I've been seeing some hairs in the mirror this morning, which weren’t there a few days earlier hmm… You see, this week, a much-discussed dutch clinic decided to have me as their client. I had to pass up on the opportunity to take photos of my head, using a 2000€ camera, and light equipment to add up a total of 7 kilowatts (enough to burn the paint away from my wall!), some time before my visit to the clinic. Sample photos are provided through links. Eventually we will, when the new hairs have fully matured, be able to verify how many hairs exactly were multiplied.

Some info about the patient in the pictures ie. myself:
    Subject: male
    Hair type: Brown, thick, slightly wavy
    Previous hair transplants: No
    Treatment in: Hair Science Institute, Maastricht, May 2015
    Grafts obtained for transplant: ≈800
    Recipient location: temples, exclusively. Not one graft was visibly transplanted into the center of the hairline. No grafts were transplanted in front of the widows peak.
    Estimated area of donor used in the session: estimate of less than 50 % of the ”safe donor zone”.

You should all know about the very warm feeling I had toward the clinic and the way they handled my requests. There was no bullshit. The team was consummately dedicated to fulfill my highest expectations. Many ideas about graft placement came from the doctor, who even surpassed what I had in mind, and she made a lot of choices, where deliberate imperfections contribute to the natural look. I found her to be an extremely talented doctor. Now this is not a suspicious-looking Tom Cruise hairline.

I did not even once feel uncomfortable during the treatment, and probably even fell asleep at least once during the implantation process. The only discomfortable part was after the treatment was over - people in the streets, cars passing by. Everyone must be looking at the guy who just had some creepy stuff done on his head, so I though! But later on, it was just like ”Yeah, so what?”, and I didn’t feel unnormal when some guy chatted with me on the train on my way to the airport.

In the end, I have a good feeling about this treatment. If Hair Science can consistently make one hair out of two, then the full set of photos will prove it. Once my new hairs are fully grown out, the "after"-photos should leave no questions left unanswered.

This will be a very simple thread about numbers, numbers and numbers. Please don't slander, and please, pleeeeeaase, don’t jounce this thread completely off the track.

Here's a small set of examples. The pictures were taken 7 weeks before the procedure. There are around 500 usable photos in my vault, and I tried to take as many angles as possible, to get every single follicular unit from such an angle, that we can count how many hairs it has.

Some of these image files had to be split into 3-4 parts to be viewable in full quality. Some of the smallest hairs around the temples can only be seen in full quality. Oh, and don't forget to press "zoom in" on the browser.

First image, quarter 1
    First image, quarter 2
    First image, quarter 3
    First image, quarter 4
    Back of the head, 1/2
    Back of the head, 2/2

Right temple, part1 of the image
    Right temple, part2 of the image

Top of the head. (Direction of hairline is upwards). I had to split this image in four parts
    Top part1
    Top part2
    Top part3
    Top part4

right temple A, part 1 of image
    right templeA, part 2 of image

front, part1
    front, part2

More front and temples. See the small hairs - they can be seen from some angles better than from others, depending on how light hits them.

fr1
    fr2
    fr3
    fr4
    fr5

awesome, you seem very wishing to make a good case out of yours.
    Pics from further to have a generl feeling will be welcome too.
    We need to see if donor regenerated and how is your recepient doing.

It's been three years now since my frist and only procedure, shared exactly the same feeling as you!!! It was soooo smooth, I got 1800 grafts, you see the final result after 9 months to a year.

You have a fair idea after 6...

The controversy around HASCI should not be the subject here as you insinuated, let's just focus and count.

A second procedure would bring me a strong front and I was hoping to go back for 1800 or even 2000 sharing 1000 in front (total would then be 2800) and the rest on the vertex which starts to thin seriously (I am 36).

Gaz is also an interesting element since he got 5 procedures.

I wish HASCI were sharing more pics, especially multiple sessions... but they don't.
    I hope they will improve their technique (did you speak with them about the future of multiplication?)

Who was your doctor? Deborah? Kristel?

The camera lenses for the eventual "after" shots will be even bigger, better. Mark my word, this is going to be nowhere near the gargantuan task of analyzing gc83uk's photos.

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    I hope they will improve their technique (did you speak with them about the future of multiplication?)
    No, all I wanted to know was how the DVD player skipped chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    Who was your doctor? Deborah? Kristel?
    Deborah.

Not sure I understand the reason for this topic ? We already know 100% certain HST doesn't regenerate anything at all. We've seen the close up photo's of the petridish: only 100% intact bulbs there, no split follicles like HASCI always tells. That proofed 100% beyond any doubt, that HST = FUE.

Apart from that, I think your idea is next to impossible. Your photo's are of good quality for sure. But 800 grafts is a LOT. You will need very good photo's immediately after the surgery so you can track which grafts were extracted. And then you need to compare it all to photo's next year. That's a HELL of a job. Not impossible but a hell of a job: find each extracted spot, see how many hairs are gone compared to the pre-op photo's, count it all and then do the same for recipient. And if that wasnt complicated enough in itself, the extra complication is in the fact that 10% of the hair is in its sleeping state. So next year, 10% of the current follicles will be gone and 10% follicles that slept now will be visible then. So 20% difference already just caused by that. That makes it extra hard to track hairs. And you dont seem to have much 'reference points' like moles, birthmarks, scars or things like that. So that makes tracking a lot harder.

All in all, almost impossible, especially for 800 grafts (instead of a 50 graft test), spread over your whole donor (which I assume was the case). Oh and also, it wont just be 800 grafts, most probably you will have way more extraction points than that, maybe even up to 1500 or more, depending on the skill of the technician and the difficultness for them to extrac them (your skin condition). So you'll need to track all that !

And why ? Again, we already know 100% certain it doesnt work. There's no doubt anymore. We know they extract the whole follicle, contrary to what they tell. So nothing left behind = nothing to regenerate. It really boils down to just that ! Stem cells are located inside the bulb. If you take the whole bulb away, nothing can regenerate. End of story, really.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostUndone View Post
    The camera lenses for the eventual "after" shots will be even bigger, better. Mark my word, this is going to be nowhere near the gargantuan task of analyzing gc83uk's photos.

No, all I wanted to know was how the DVD player skipped chapters.

Deborah.

I had Deborah. She is awesome.

I want to say she just just a "nurse" level when I saw her, but was studying to be a doc. It sounds like she has made that leap. Glad to hear it.

Thanks for posting. I will be watching for sure.

@Cad -- most of my hairs didn't even fall out! I had 80% of my final result right after post-op... this was why I was so pleased. The recovery did take a little longer than I thought (scabs, etc.). I probably couldn't walk around "unnoticed" for 14+ days.... of course this is still 100X better than the recovery time for FUT and 59X better than FUE recovery times.

My only complaint was the "angle" of the grafts. With long hair, it's not noticeable, but it may be when shaved (as in arashi's case)... I hope that they've corrected this angle issue in their processes/training.

I will take two sets of photos, spaced about 3-4 months apart, to get a verdict as accurate as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    You will need very good photo's immediately after the surgery so you can track which grafts were extracted.

I took 100< photos to get everything in focus. Here's one of them.

And you dont seem to have much 'reference points' like moles, birthmarks, scars or things like that. So that makes tracking a lot harder.
    I have already done most of the work of connecting photographed areas, using my own reference points. Such as this. (Not one of the better quality photos for sure, but take a look)

All in all, almost impossible, especially for 800 grafts (instead of a 50 graft test), spread over your whole donor (which I assume was the case)
    I thought g83uk's was impossible, for the reason alone, that he had the extractions spread all over his whole donor. In addition to that, he them spread all over his recipient. You only have to look at the temples in my recipient photos. And the photo, which I just provided of the extraction point, represents almost half of my used donor area. This is the back of my head just hours after surgery.

The color of the links are very dark on this forum (ie. the word "this" is supposed to be the link), so I'll post the links once more:
    Photo of extraction holes http://postimg.org/image/mtkj46yjn/
    Reference points, ie. lines: http://postimg.org/image/uddm68rqb/
    Back of my head, hours after surgery: http://postimg.org/image/sa36ykrxf/

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostUndone View Post
    The color of the links are very dark on this forum (ie. the word "this" is supposed to be the link), so I'll post the links once more:
    Photo of extraction holes http://postimg.org/image/mtkj46yjn/
    Reference points, ie. lines: http://postimg.org/image/uddm68rqb/
    Back of my head, hours after surgery: http://postimg.org/image/sa36ykrxf/
    Wow your photo's are indeed good ! And your donor seems about perfect. Well still tons of work but I guess with those kind of photo's it's doable ! On the one hand I think it's kind of useless, cause we've seen the petridish photo's, we know already it doesnt work. On the other hand, some people here still seem to have some believe in HASCI. But then again, if the petridish photo's doesnt convince them, why would your case ?

Nevertheless, good luck mate !

@ Arashi
    Whatever evidence you got, my opinion is that people need something more "tangible". I need something more "tangible".

It's tons of work, for me. The rest of you're in for the easy part. There are marker lines all over the scalp in my "before" photos. There are also added markers, which I made in a paint program. I took great effort to secure the continuity of the photos. And I'm hoping to throw big money on massive camera lenses for the "after"-photos to capture all the hairs on my head with a minimal amount of pictures. Just relax.

(Hmm... Some of the sample pictures I posted are relatively weak in quality. I probably have somewhere around 500 pictures, so I didn't always have time to pick the best ones for display.)