HASCI - -How well does it work? Now we'll be able to find out! - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostUndone View Post
    Hey, correct me if I'm wrong but the difference in follicle positions when shooting "before" and "after" photos would be somewhere between 0-20%, not 20% like you say. The probability of a 0% difference is equal to the probability of 20%, and the probability of anything in between.

So is 20% the percentage of unseen hairs or hair follicles in the resting phase? Jus' wondering, how many weeks throughout the resting phase do hairclubs still stay latched to the skin? Either way, I might as well shoot two sets of "after" photos, and I'd say we'll get very close to home. Just need to keep all this counting from getting too impractical.
    There's quite a bit of variance in data. But I think this is accepted to be quite common: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_hair_growth

Here they state that Anagen is 2-6 years. Quite a variance, but let's go with the mean, 4 years. Telogen state is noted to be 1-4 months, let's go with the mean again, 2.5 months. So on average that would then be 2.5/48= 5% in Telogen state. So that then would be a 10% difference and not 20%. However other sources, when you google, talk about 10-20% in telogen state, I guess that's really varies per person and really boils than: is your hair 2, 4 or 6 year in Anagen ?

Either way, it really complicates the research. You're going to wonder: was this follicle here before, was it extracted or is this just a follicle that was in the resting state ?

Regardless, I'd love for you to do this and compare this, would be really cool to see !

It takes quite a while for the hair to shed, after the anagen phase has terminated. So when taking photos, the amount of missing hairs should not be quite as high as 10%, and certainly not 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Regardless, I'd love for you to do this and compare this, would be really cool to see !
    I will ! Hoping to have a representation of all the extraction points in the following, weeks, maybe? You were right, it's tons of work.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostUndone View Post
    It takes quite a while for the hair to shed, after the anagen phase has terminated. So when taking photos, the amount of missing hairs should not be quite as high as 10%, and certainly not 20%.
    If 5% is dormant now and in 1 year, when you will do the comparison, another 5% is dormant, thats 10% difference. And that's only the mean, it might be 10+10=20% if your hair spends 2 years instead of 6 years in Anagen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    If 5% is dormant now and in 1 year, when you will do the comparison, another 5% is dormant, thats 10% difference. And that's only the mean, it might be 10+10=20% if your hair spends 2 years instead of 6 years in Anagen.
    Oh yeah... sorry, I was thinking about something else. Must sleep.

This has been debunked long time ago, its done and dusted.

Dean S ended up transplanting body hair due to depleted donor? It sums it up

Quote Originally Posted by ss1980 View Post
    This has been debunked long time ago, its done and dusted.

Dean S ended up transplanting body hair due to depleted donor? It sums it up
    LOL yeah after 3 (free) HST's he went to a FUE clinic, who told him his donor was too depleted to do FUE. So they did a body hair transplant. After 3 HST's !! LOL

Congrats AlmostUndone.

Photos are perfect and I agree it should be easier that it ever was in my case to get a more accurate analysis.

Looking forward to seeing some early analysis showing how many total hairs have been extracted would be a good start out of those 800 FU's?

Good luck

Hey Gaz,

How is life? husband and dad, quite another game.
    What about your result and update?
    And please, tell us straight if you don't want to contribute anymore, so that we don't bother you in different threads asking for updates (and then at least, it's clear for every one and none of us wait and hope for it).

I was really following you case with big interest, found your result very convincing.

Cheers.

---EDIT: Photo software issues. Problem fixed---

So how is it going AlmostUndone ? I was just thinking, previously I was talking about a year. That's the term that usually is used for a transplant. It's the time that the transplanted hairs in the *recipient* need to go through the cycle of shedding and regrowing. However I just thought of something. In their thesis, when talking about regrowth in the *donor* hasci isnt talking about a year, they're talking about 1 week to 1 months ! If you see picture 6a - 6d in their thesis, you see that most of the "supposed" regrowth happens in 9 days (!!) already and after a month every hair has 'regrown' in the donor. So, we dont have to wait a year, in 3 weeks we can do the final analysis already !!