+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    So I finished analyzing your left donor part ! I've counted 821 extraction points and according to my analysis 646 hairs were lost there.

I've counted every graft that appeared in the same formation in before and after photo as a failed extraction and thus the grafts that had less hairs in the after photo I've counted as succesful extraction. That way I ended up with 465 succesful extractions, which seems to correlate quite good with what you've said (>450 grafts extracted).

So everything at this moment points at no regeration at all: grafts that grew fully back seem just failed extractions and the total hairloss in succesfully extracted grafts correlate with normal hair gain in recipient (at this point would come down to 1111 lost hairs which would be 1.38 hair/graft which would be a normal HASCI recipient density result) .

I will continue counting your right part the coming week. Also will upload my analysis photo's soon (tomorrow I think). And then we'll need to count recipient soon ! I think next weekend I'll have your right donor side ready so we can then start with the recipient
    Oh, ok. I just updated the "left_side_final_98.jpeg" file (i.e. the "Before" photos). There was some problems with the circles in the "secondary" viewpoints, especially in the lowermost sections of the image. I made some corrections to these "secondary" viewpoints, where I found some circles were a bit differently aligned than in the main photos. Also, I used more eraser on some circles, which seemed to be obscuring the hairs. And also, there was 1 extraction point, which was missing, in the upper-right part of the image (area 3, I think). You can superposition the new version on top of the old to see the difference.

Ps. I noticed you didn't count the tiny area just above the ear, where there are 7 extraction points

Pps. The outermost fringe zones of each photo, which provide secondary viewpoints, are sometimes very useful in determining how many hairs there are in a group. For example, I myself counted many of the hairs in area 9, using the outermost edge of area 8. Hope you saw this advantage when counting

I also updated "right_side_final_98.jpg". I recommend going with the latest version!
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e_final_98.jpg

Hey mate. I've updated http://www.hasci-exposed.com/images/...e_final_98.jpg
    I copied Area 1 into it, which I had analyzed seperately. I also put in the Area numbering with bigger fonts so it's easier to see how I labeled it.

Those missing 7 extraction points, in what area are they ? I now labeled area 11 seperately, not sure if that's what you mean ? But I already counted them in Area 8.

Also, can you maybe give me the area numbers and graft numbers in my pics that you've changed ? Thanks !

Just now, made another minor addition to the aforementioned picture (right side).

Those missing 7 extraction points: I was talking about the left side of the "before" pictures, just below area 10, or left to area 7B. You didn't label that area?

I'm in a hurry now, but trying to remember, left to graft 4 I see, to have added an extraction point. The others modifications are mostly just corrections to the extent or size of the circles in the fringe areas, for example, my circles in the "fringe" area on the right side of area 8, which is kind of the same location as area 9.

PS. If you had photoshop or any other basic photo editor, you could superpose the old version with the new and see pretty quickly the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostUndone View Post
    Just now, made another minor addition to the aforementioned picture
    Ok cool, havent started with the right area just yet, will do so today !

Those missing 7 extraction points: I was talking about the left side of the "before" pictures, just below area 10, or left to area 7B. You didn't label that area?
    Ah right I see them now, yes you are right, I missed those, will analyze them today too. Thanks !

I'm in a hurry now, but trying to remember, left to graft 4 I see, to have added an extraction point. The others modifications are mostly just corrections to the extent or size of the circles in the fringe areas, for example, my circles in the "fringe" area on the right side of area 8, which is kind of the same location as area 9.

PS. If you had photoshop or any other basic photo editor, you could superpose the old version with the new and see pretty quickly the differences.

Yeah I'm not such an advanced graphics artist unfortunately I'm using paint which is kinda difficult when it comes to changes. Other than that I like it a lot, very straightforward and doing exactly what I need.

Anyway if you could find the area's + graft numbers, that would help a lot. I'll then make the changes (by copy/pasting the original part over it and then redo the circles).

Also should I start with the right side already or are you still working on checking/updating that ?

@ Arashi

Ok, I'll point them changes out to you. Tomorrow, perhaps.

I'm done with the right side. Hm... backgrounded turns red. Hope there's nothing else strange about the file. It's probably just some bug because I haven't restarted my computer in several weeks. I'll try uploading it again, but will take six hours for me to get home.

@ Arashi

Ok, I'll point them changes out to you. Tomorrow, perhaps.

I'm done with the right side. Hm... backgrounded turns red. Hope there's nothing else strange about the file. It's probably just some bug because I haven't restarted my computer in several weeks. I'll try uploading it again, but will take six hours for me to get home.
    Ok let me know when I can download the right side please

I've updated the before picture now with Area 11 (those 7 missing grafts) and added the after photo: http://www.hasci-exposed.com/images/area11_after.bmp
    I've also updated the excell sheet with Area 11.

And I've place some nice pointers to quickly show how to interpret the whole photo (I had to stare at it quite a while before I understood it myself, now people should be able to quickly see how everything fits together).

http://www.hasci-exposed.com/images/...e_final_98.jpg

It's become a nice piece of art eh

Looking forward to analyse the right side ! I think I can have it done within a week, so recipient next weekend ?