+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Ok I just finished mapping (=checking) the 2nd area: your circles were correctly placed. 49 extraction points, 48 hairs lost. Onto the next !

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    One question though: I'm unfamiliar with Gimp, I just downloaded it, you said it's easy to move the circles, how do I move an exisiting circle ? And how do I add a new one ?
    You need a brush which is shaped like a circle. You can download the brush I used: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...irclebrush.gbr

I think you need to copy the brush file to Gimp's "Brushes" folder. You can find out this folder's location by looking at Preferences > Folders > Brushes. Copy the gbr-file into the folder like a normal file in your operating system. (According to GIMP help, "the brush search path includes two folders; the system brushes folder, which you should not use or alter, and the brushes folder inside your personal GIMP directory. And any GBR, GIH, or VBR file included in a folder in the brush search path will show up in the Brushes dialog the next time you start GIMP, or as soon as you press the Refresh button in the Brushes dialog.") The size of the brush can be altered freely, but its color cannot be changed.

My circles exist as a separate layer in all of the files. You'll be fine in GIMP by learning only four keyboard shortcuts: shortcuts for the toolbox window, the layer window, undo, and redo. Zoom in using the looking glass tool, or hold CTRL to zoom out. Be sure to use the latest version, as GIMP has some annoying bugs (such as the "tool settings" appearing gray all the time. If you have problems, I'll help you out). Maybe you can try importing or converting the Gimp-file to Photoshop or whatever photoeditor you are familiar with?

So to be sure, the photo's above is were you're currently are, right ? So I can continue here ?
    The photos above should contain everything which is known of the left half of my donor area (ie. ranging between the occiput to the left sphenoid). I'll upload the right half after some minor improvements to its layout.

I haven't counted the lost hairs, but everything else is basically done. The red lines do not need anymore checking. The red lines represent borders of the best pictures in the "before" photos. All the visible hairs before the procedure are found in "left_side_final_98.jpg" and the upcoming "right_side_final_98.jpg". (The "left_side_final_alternative_98.jpg" is only a collection of some alternative viewpoints. And "98" refers to the jpeg quality.)

The ">3 months after" photos are maybe not in a very logical order. I should have checked once more to see, if I placed the circles correctly into the ">3 months after". Hopefully you'll be able to spot any possible errors.

I decided to just export the picture as bmp and continue in paint like I did before. Anyway I analyzed 2 more sections, by drawing lines exactly as I did in the first area I posted. I only found 1 error you made, you forgot to place 1 circle. You work pretty neatly, very nice ! Anyway so in total so far I now have analysed 232 extraction points and I've registered 213 lost hairs in those extraction points.

so about 1/6th of total donor area has been analysed so far.

Anyway, I'll continue to work this week to get hopefully the whole left side done. Once the left side is done I'll upload and post my analysis as a whole.

What about recipient, did you have any chance to do some work there already ? I'd really love to do that soon too. Cause I'm predicting you'll see rougly 1200 new hairs in recipient (which means there's no regrowth at all of course).

What about recipient, did you have any chance to do some work there already ?
    Not yet. I think recipient looks nicer now than it did only 2 months ago. I think they said 9 months, before all the recipient hairs would grow, and 9 months have now passed, but who knows... aren't there doctors who say it'll take 1 year? Still, composing the photos for recipient should be much faster and easier than for the donor (they only put hairs high in the temples, and none into the middle/forelock), and the existing photos are really good quality.

Thanks Arashi. I wanted to have my own analysis, also, but presently I find it hard to work uninterrupted for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostUndone View Post
    Not yet. I think recipient looks nicer now than it did only 2 months ago. I think they said 9 months, before all the recipient hairs would grow, and 9 months have now passed, but who knows... aren't there doctors who say it'll take 1 year? Still, composing the photos for recipient should be much faster and easier than for the donor (they only put hairs high in the temples, and none into the middle/forelock), and the existing photos are really good quality.

Thanks Arashi. I wanted to have my own analysis, also, but presently I find it hard to work uninterrupted for a long time.
    Yeah you're right, recipient should be 9 months at least. Anyway let's first get donor analyzed then, will probably take a couple of weeks anyway. Done half way with the 4th area, will continue tomorrow, later

Here's part deux. Fingers crossed.

BEFORE PROCEDURE:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e_final_98.jpg
    BEFORE PROCEDURE (SOME ALTERNATIVE VIEWPOINTS. POSSIBLY USEFUL!, TOO): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rnative_98.jpg

EXTRACTIONS:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ractions97.jpg
    EXTRACTIONS (AN ADDITIONAL VIEWPOINT): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20PICTURE.jpg

So for my understanding: the left and right side are like seperated area's ? Like in the middle there were no extractions ?

BTW, I've currently analyzed 25% of your donor.

So for my understanding: the left and right side are like seperated area's ? Like in the middle there were no extractions ?
    Correct. They are separated, disjoint. No overlap exist between them.

All of the donor they used is now there, in those pictures.

Correct. They are separated, disjoint. No overlap exist between them.

All of the donor they used is now there, in those pictures.
    Perfect. I'm at 30% of your donor now, so far I've analyzed 441 extraction points which contained 374 lost hairs. So everything thing so far adds perfectly up, if there was NO regeneration at all. Also we can already dismiss the possibility of 80% regrowth at this point, even without having looked at your donor. The 80% regrowth is impossible, cause at this rate we'll end up at about 1280 lost hairs in your donor. 80% regrowth means that recipient will contain 5x more new hair than was lost in donor (like if you transplant 100 hairs, you'll receive 100 in recipient and will have regrown 80 in donor so only lost 20 in donor, so 100:20 is 5x ratio). So that would mean in your case that you should have received 6400 hairs in your recipient. At 800 grafts that would mean you'd have 8 hairs/graft !! LOL. I've only come across a few 4 hair grafts and so far have no seen more than 4 hairs lost in a graft, so your donor will most likely not contain anything beyond 3 hair/graft maximum)

So, everything at this 30% mark points at 0 regrowth at all and most probably some net hair *loss* instead (1280 lost hairs in 800 grafts, transplanted 1:1 would mean 1.6 hair/graft in recipient, which would be really high for HASCI already. Most likely your donor will have less hair/graft which would then equal net hair loss). But I will continue working and we can only make a final conclusion once we have counted the whole donor AND the whole recipient.