+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

To be honest, I think we can ignore half of Follicept's participants. The only 3 that really matter are Devon, participant #1 and Dr. Hsu (the others are beyond help outside of transplants), so good that they have a 4th more realistic participant in StayThick. I still don't think it will work but at least they can conclusively say so by using representative subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemo View Post
    To be honest, I think we can ignore half of Follicept's participants. The only 3 that really matter are Devon, participant #1 and Dr. Hsu (the others are beyond help outside of transplants), so good that they have a 4th more realistic participant in StayThick. I still don't think it will work but at least they can conclusively say so by using representative subjects.
    I do agree with this, but I also believe their mentality was to see if their gel could grow hair on individuals with advance hair loss or areas completely bald where hair has not grown for an extended period of time. I don't blame them for testing their product on these high Norwoods.

However, even with the current treatments we have available today, it's very difficult to grow hair on individuals that high on the Norwood scale so I see what you're saying.

Hey guys, just checking in to report that so far it's been status quo on my end hair wise. I will be posting updated photos today or tomorrow for you all, but I wouldn't expect much in the form of noticeable results.

I recently got a haircut to try and time it where my hair length is exactly the same to when it was when I posted my first baseline photos. I did this to avoid tricking myself or even others on any progress from this treatment just because my hair might be longer. Hopefully, you all will appreciate that.

No negative side effects or issues outside of that perculiar shed on dose #2. It's not making my hair worse to the naked eye so that's positive news I guess. At this point, I think it's almost impossible to see/expect any sort of progress with any treatment a few weeks in like I am.

I'll be updating this thread again later today or tomorrow with pictures. Chat soon.

Kudos to you for consistently updating us Staythick. It is much appreciated. I still think its too early to write this treatment off. Looking forward to your progress in a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Hey guys, just checking in to report that so far it's been status quo on my end hair wise. I will be posting updated photos today or tomorrow for you all, but I wouldn't expect much in the form of noticeable results.

I recently got a haircut to try and time it where my hair length is exactly the same to when it was when I posted my first baseline photos. I did this to avoid tricking myself or even others on any progress from this treatment just because my hair might be longer. Hopefully, you all will appreciate that.

No negative side effects or issues outside of that perculiar shed on dose #2. It's not making my hair worse to the naked eye so that's positive news I guess. At this point, I think it's almost impossible to see/expect any sort of progress with any treatment a few weeks in like I am.

I'll be updating this thread again later today or tomorrow with pictures. Chat soon.

Thanks StayThick, we all wish you the best in the rest of your treatment!

Hey Staythick...whats with the update? Cmon fill us in

Hey everyone, I wanted to provide an update with photo's regarding my progress with Follicept's IGF-1 treatment. I currently have 2 doses left before completing my 4 week treatment cycle. I can't say I have experienced any regrowth or positive results at this point in time, but it is very early IMHO. The only indicator of anything remotely happening is the last photo of the right side of my hairline. To me, it looks like some vellus has been sprouting, which is encouraging to say the least. I compared both photo's of the same side of my hairline compared to baseline and it looks like this has occurred. However, I know I did have some light vellus hair in this area to begin with during baseline so I'm not trying to get too excited to be honest.

My crown looks to me to be the same or slightly worse. I do not think Follicept would have contributed it to getting worse if that is indeed the case simply because when examining my baseline photo's, my hair was a tad longer due to me recently having a haircut during these recent photo's. Haircut = more potential exposure to thinning areas.

Overall, it is still early in my opinion before making any conclusions about this treatment. The most important thing in my opinion is not experiencing any adverse effects or additional shedding since the one that occurred with dose #2. That I am happy about.

Take a look and let me know your thoughts. I'll post more photo's in 2 weeks time to see where we are at. Chat soon fellas'.

First 3 photo's is my hair completely soaked in water. I mean I dumped my head in sink full of water wet.

[IMG][/IMG]

Below photo's are taken after dry toweling my hair...

[IMG][/IMG]

This last photo is the most encouraging to me. I see more vellus here than compared to baseline, but my hair is dry here compared to the wet above of the same area. I just can't say 100% certainty if it is indeed "more" vellus hair along the hairline. Thoughts?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Can you edit your post and include your comparable baseline shot to the last one? I can't see a significant difference but also haven't compared side-by-side. The wet version of both at the same angles look similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemo View Post
    Can you edit your post and include your comparable baseline shot to the last one? I can't see a significant difference but also haven't compared side-by-side. The wet version of both at the same angles look similar.
    Baseline-Recent
    [IMG][/IMG]

I need to take the same exact angle to baseline in order to help me better evaluate this I think, but here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Baseline-Recent
    [IMG][/IMG]

I need to take the same exact angle to baseline in order to help me better evaluate this I think, but here you go.
    The difference in the angle could easily be causing a FALSE sense that there's more hair.
    BTW did you know that Prometheon is now starting a practice to delete posts that have a negative view of Follicept?
    Ouch!