StayThick's Follicept Trial (4 week treatment)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hicks
    • Apr 2013

Wonder if derma rolling would of been worth a shot.

Comment

• diffuseloser
      • Sep 2014

Definitely look like an improvement but hard to tell because of the different angles. Your hair looks great by the way. If you could manage to thicken up what you have even by a small percentage, I'd say you be good.

Comment

• Pelopeleon
        • May 2014

I think I can see a little improvement in the left temple, but maybe It is just the position of the hairs. We will see. Good luck with this.

Comment

• cuprous
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Hicks
          Wonder if derma rolling would of been worth a shot.
          No.

We don't want to confound the study by starting other treatments.

Comment

• potato1987
            • Mar 2014

Anything to report StayThick?

Comment

• StayThick
              • Oct 2012

Update:

So I have no more treatment vials currently. I have wrapped up my 4 week cycle and I can't say I see any progress definitively at this point. I'll post pictures again in another week or so because I can't seem to see anything occuring honestly. Hairline seems the same and crown still looks awful wet.

I thought I saw temple vellus in my last update, but I think it was just how my hair was combed when I compared my photos. I have had no shedding or adverse effects.

Based on the science by Dr. Hsu and his team regarding this, I was hoping to see some sort of progress at this point, but it's tough to see.

As the weeks pass I'll be periodically updating this. I will also be speaking with Devon to inquire on Dr. Hsu possibly increasing the IGF-1 in the next round of testing. I do not know the specifics at this time on what they plan on doing after gathering all the data in this mini trial.

I'll update everyone accordingly. Chat soon.

Comment

• Shooter24
                • Jun 2015

hey Staythick, can you please update and upload new pictures...its beeen two weaks now...the follicwpt guys are making small progress, how are you doing?

Comment

• StayThick
                  • Oct 2012

Shooter: I'll post pics tomorrow as I'm returning from the holiday.

It's been a bit disappointing for me from a result perspective regarding this treatment. I guess I shouldn't be disappointed since I went in not expecting anything, but I guess I had small hope I could get some sort of positive result.

As of now, I have not noticed any improvement in the areas where I applied the gel. Maybe still early, but so far nothing to report which is why I haven't been constantly updating this thread. There really has been nothing to report or update on my end.

I'll post pics tomorrow, but don't expect much of any difference.

Comment

• Shooter24
                    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by StayThick
                    Shooter: I'll post pics tomorrow as I'm returning from the holiday.

It's been a bit disappointing for me from a result perspective regarding this treatment. I guess I shouldn't be disappointed since I went in not expecting anything, but I guess I had small hope I could get some sort of positive result.

As of now, I have not noticed any improvement in the areas where I applied the gel. Maybe still early, but so far nothing to report which is why I haven't been constantly updating this thread. There really has been nothing to report or update on my end.

I'll post pics tomorrow, but don't expect much of any difference.
                    Dont give up...the other participans in the trial also started only now seeing som results...stick with it at least 3 months. Thanks

Comment

• jamesst11
                      • Jun 2014

Can someone please reiterate the time frame for seeing potential results, from ANY product, because I am slightly confused. If Follicept were to work, then like any other product wouldn't you only see regrowth after a minimum of 4 months. I thought for the follicle to start producing a new, thicker fiber, it first had to transition from anagen to telogen to shed the existing fiber...All references say, " the telogen phase lasts 3-4 months, the hair is shed as the follicle transitions into anagen and a new fiber starts to emerge"... SO... Maybe I am just missing something, but even if the follicle is producing weak, non-visible vellous hairs, wouldn't this timeline still be true to produce a new terminal hair.

Comment

• Hemo
                        • Apr 2015

StayThick - have you been in touch with Devon and/or Dr. Hsu about starting another round of treatment at the 8 week mark? They claim some participants are starting to see results (now close to 10 weeks, though), and I'm curious if they're going to have people use another batch of IGF-1 or just wait.

Comment

• Kiwi
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Hemo
                          StayThick - have you been in touch with Devon and/or Dr. Hsu about starting another round of treatment at the 8 week mark? They claim some participants are starting to see results (now close to 10 weeks, though), and I'm curious if they're going to have people use another batch of IGF-1 or just wait.
                          Claims without photos are empty in these here parts.

No photographic evidence no cigar.

Comment

• StayThick
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Hemo
                            Hemo, outside of my updates, I have not spoken to Dr. Hsu or Devon on the possibility of doing another round of treatments. I personally can't tell of any progress through Devon's photos of the participants, but I'm sure he knows/sees more than I can at this point.

I can only confirm my own progress which is really nothing at this point unfortunately. However, I did start this treatment a couple weeks after most of the trial participants so maybe things can change in the coming weeks here.

I'll try to post my photos tonight and reach out to Devon. I'm curious if he is going to be doing another round of treatments for everyone, as I would be interested in doing this for the benefit of this forum and for the hope of some positive results.

Comment

• Shooter24
                              • Jun 2015

Hey staythick didnt you promise some new pics? You voulonteerd for the trial and now you dont give us any updates...

Comment

• nameless
                                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Shooter24
                                Hey staythick didnt you promise some new pics? You voulonteerd for the trial and now you dont give us any updates...
                                I gave up on Follicept awhile ago.

Comment

Working...