+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Titanium hair

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I'd want to see a lot of proof first myself.

Another thought I had was whether or not you could use your mums hair or fathers hair?

The positive studies with good results may have been funded and conducted by the same people who make or perform the fake hair implants. I would be skeptical.

don't waste your time with biofibre. it's crap, looks unnatural, expensive, and needs regular cleaning with special shampoos and antiseptics. however, in most people it still leads to infections and inflammation, so they have to be removed. a friend of mine tried it out in germany and had to remove them after 1 year because of inflammation. i even wonder how they are still allowed to sell that crap and how greedy surgeons offer those artificial hairs.
    biofibre is not allowed by the FDA in the whole U.S. (at least one good decision by the FDA).
    a competitor of biofibre is NIDO hairs, from japan. they are coated with some special silver ions or so, to prevent inflammation. it's said to be better than biofibre, but the texture and look of the hair is only made to mimic japanese hair. for U.S and european hair types it's not suitable.
    however forget about this crap. my friend who tried it out said it was a nightmare for him. never again. he even wanted to sue those companies and spread the word around the internet to warn the people. but he didn't get far. he gave up because he wanted to forget about it.

How can people get organ transplants but hair is impossible? To get an organ transplant you have to be a match with your donor. Why not do the same thing for hair. Have a bank of donors willing to be paid for their grafts. Setup biomatch days where test grafts are grafted from the donors to the recipients. Wait to see which hairs work. If there is a match then proceed with a larger test size. If that holds then go with the full procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    How can people get organ transplants but hair is impossible? To get an organ transplant you have to be a match with your donor. Why not do the same thing for hair. Have a bank of donors willing to be paid for their grafts. Setup biomatch days where test grafts are grafted from the donors to the recipients. Wait to see which hairs work. If there is a match then proceed with a larger test size. If that holds then go with the full procedure.
    lol you realise people who get organ transplants are on immunosuppressant drugs for life. This means decreased resistance to disease, infection, cancer and probably a shortened lifespan.

Yes, my understanding Titanium is not rejected by our immune system but do you think thousands of titanium hairs would damage the scalp? I say if they can create a hair with a titanium anchor try it, test it. Are many of you familiar with 3D Printing? A 3D printer could produce all the hair you wanted with a titanium base. I am not sure how well the skin would lke it. Who knows?

3D Printing can make anything like Airbus commercial planes in South Africa, food, cranial plates to anyshape or size, body parts. Do some reasearch 3D printing is the wave of the future.....anyway, we can make hair out of non allergenic proteins. Lets call it Biohair. So the deal is can we implant biohair with a Titanium base that stays and does not cause rejection? Seems reasonable to me. Anybody offer their expertise to this idea. I know a bald engineer, ha, that would love to have some hair and is an expert in 3D printing. This is not an advertisement, pure comment.

This type of hair would be a good idea.
    http://3dprint.com/117092/cesare-ragazzi-laboratories/

This hair looks much more natural than Biofibre.

Very cool. So imagine if they could create tiny titanium grafts that go straight into your scalp instead of having to use that membrane.

My dream.