+ Reply to Thread

Default Maturing hairline

Hi all,

I'm not quite suffering hairloss. My temples are normal (no recession), but my hairline is quite convex in shape. Sort of v shaped hairline, with widows peak. I'm quite sure my hairline is maturing. Because, when I compare to the norwood chart, i'm close to NW1 but with a bit 'extra' widows peak hair.

I've read that maturing can happen between 19 and 29 years old. I'm 26 years old right now, so it can be possible.

My question is: how long does the maturing process takes normally before it's finished?

Thanks!

I really dont think anyone can tell you that because it would vary by person. I would be surprised if different hair loss doctors all gave consistent answers on what even constitutes a mature hairline. Personally to me a miniaturized hair where you had a terminal hair before is MPB regardless of where it happens. There is no way anyone can tell you how far that will progress.

The maturing hairline is an insidious process and can take years to appear. The process is very slow and creeps up on most men. Maturing hairline is not male pattern baldness. It is simply a part of ageing, like wrinkles. A receding hairline that is caused by male pattern baldness is much higher and more distinct than as mature hairline. In some cases, the hairline remains intact for the majority of their lifetime. In other cases, the hairline may recede so slowly that it only becomes apparent late in life. The hairline of an old male is referred to as a mature hairline.

My issue with your definition is your saying a mature hairline is part of aging which means every man would have that and clearly some older men dont. I know an older guy with grey hair that has teenage hairline not a single hair lost. Aging doesnt skip certain people but mature hairlines do which leads me to believe its not just aging. So pseudo hermaphradites get mature hairlines or men that were castrated? I doubt it.
    The whole mature hairline argument is pretty silly. If most men go bald why dont we just say that is part of aging too like a mature hairline? I mean most men go bald as they age too so from what you said its not even a problem its just normal aging so lets close the forum. Anyone NW 7 can just say its an extra mature hairline as result of aging and problem solved. Sounds like a cop out for finding real answers.