+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nohawk View Post
    I just e-mailed them and got a reply saying "I am sorry but at this time the doctors have decided to only prescribe the topical Finasteride to their surgical patients."

So basically, H&W are completely useless.
    so basically unless your paying them lots of money to do a hair transplant, then they wont give you the topical fin.....like i said, they are just trying to make money. i would avoid them like the plague. just stick to oral fin, topical or not, you will get sides regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hey guys, I just came on to write about Topical Finasteride and came across this thread.

We have actually came up with a decent formula to make Finasteride topical foaming solution. Our pharmacy is making the first batch this week for 2 patients.

I can't send it overseas to anyone but I can do 2 things:
    a) if you are in Australia, let me know if you'd like some and I can make it for you. We just need a prescription from an Australian prescriber.

b) if the guys overseas, the best I can do is provide everyone with the formula and ingredients necessary and you can make it yourself. Albeit it may be a tad bit didficult.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. Let me know

Cheers.

Desmond

Desmond! I logged into this thread today expecting no replies, then saw a bunch of bad news, then your reply! Nobody else I would have rather seen show up with good news.

But yeah, please tell us everything. If you need any help, let me know and I'm on it.

Once we have the formula and ingredients, maybe we can find a trustworthy pharmacy to make this a bit more standardized.

Quote Originally Posted by inbrugge View Post
    I've used topical fin at a low dose and still got sides. I could be extra susceptible to sides however.
    Did you have the same sides as you did on the oral version?

Here is a thread about topical fin: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-you-need-help.

Jazz did a lot to find someone to make topical fin.

It just seems very very strange that we are basically left to making this topical finasteride by ourselves!

Why isn't there a big medical company that sees the potential and wants to make money out of this?
    There would be potentially millions of men around the world that would be interested in proven, effective topical finasteride with less sides compared to the pill version. If this topical version was branded and available in normal pharmacies globally!
    Can somebody explain this to me, please?

Quote Originally Posted by censur View Post
    It just seems very very strange that we are basically left to making this topical finasteride by ourselves!

Why isn't there a big medical company that sees the potential and wants to make money out of this?
    There would be potentially millions of men around the world that would be interested in proven, effective topical finasteride with less sides compared to the pill version. If this topical version was branded and available in normal pharmacies globally!
    Can somebody explain this to me, please?
    Purportedly Merck considers sales of finasteride to be "disappointing" even though it (again purportedly) outsells minoxidil 10:1. Combined with a low percentage of people who actually bother to treat their hair loss, a less convenient topical that probably makes the hair look not so good with potential for some, if maybe less severe, sexual side effects probably doesn't seem like a very lucrative product for them. Besides, look how many people on here are afraid to even touch oral finasteride due to the low possibility that they might get temporary side effects.

To tell you the truth, I never even felt comfortable using Tylenol for headaches. Now I'm dousing my head with a homemade solution with unknown long-term effects, purchased over the internet from a Chinese laboratory. Guess this is a hobby only for the most dedicated enthusiasts.

Hey, I'm totally fine if somebody proves me wrong, but does Merck actually hold a valid patent for topical finasteride?

This is the patent application if I'm not mistaken: https://depatisnet.dpma.de/DepatisNe...020020042425A1

The filling number ends in "A1", meaning that they applied for the patent but it actually never became valid, as there would need to be another filling number ending in "B" for this application.

However, as you can see from the following group search, Merck does hold a few patents which utilize finasteride for other topical applications (i.e. acne):
    https://depatisnet.dpma.de/DepatisNe...1&so=asc&sf=vn

None of them are specifically for AA thought. And the few patents Mercks hold are basically only valid in the US. This would explain why topical finasteride is only sold by a few pharmacies in Canada (Pharmacy related to Hasson&Wong), Europe (Farmacia Parati) and (considering Desmonds posts from earlier) now in Australia.

But as I said in the beginning, I'm not totally sure if this is really the full truth behind this, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Interesting find, stratowich, good job. Wish I knew more.

Just noticed that the second link isn't working. Sorry about that.

To do the group search on this just go to: https://depatisnet.dpma.de/DepatisNe...ion=einsteiger

Type in "Transdermal treatment with 5-alpha reductase inhibitors " in the Title box... then click on "Recherche starten" on the bottom... then click on the "Suchen" button on the very right.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hey guys, I just came on to write about Topical Finasteride and came across this thread.

We have actually came up with a decent formula to make Finasteride topical foaming solution. Our pharmacy is making the first batch this week for 2 patients.

I can't send it overseas to anyone but I can do 2 things:
    a) if you are in Australia, let me know if you'd like some and I can make it for you. We just need a prescription from an Australian prescriber.

b) if the guys overseas, the best I can do is provide everyone with the formula and ingredients necessary and you can make it yourself. Albeit it may be a tad bit didficult.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. Let me know

Cheers.

Desmond
    Good to hear that Desmond,

What vehicle do you use ? Versapro ? A liposomal gel ? A liquide ?
    What will be the dosage ? I know Hasson and wong is a gel @ 2.5%

Do you think we could male our own finasterid topical with fina as powder and versapro or another liposomal cream ?

Thanks