+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by RU58841 View Post
    There's more information here:
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...asteride/page2

Basically, Joe said that Merck owns the patent to topical finasteride even though they don't make or sell a topical finasteride, so the only legal way to get it from H&W is with a prescription. Although I don't know why they require an in-person visit when Murray Avenue Apothecary accepts online evaluations/prescriptions (whatever that means).

Not sure why there's a new formulation, they didn't tell me. I wonder if it's the topical dutasteride they were talking about? As for liquid or cream, I'd like to know the answer to that too. Obviously I'll be emailing them again in 2 months and will keep everybody here apprised.
    Thanks for the reply RU. This is extremely annoying, I'm right at the border between NW's and because I responded well to FIN but got sides, I KNOW that if I had a topical it would do wonders for my hairline. Yet, I have to sit here and watch these people play their games. You can't even do an online consult for the script..

Quote Originally Posted by nohawk View Post
    Thanks for the reply RU. This is extremely annoying, I'm right at the border between NW's and because I responded well to FIN but got sides, I KNOW that if I had a topical it would do wonders for my hairline. Yet, I have to sit here and watch these people play their games. You can't even do an online consult for the script..
    Are you located in the states? There are dermatologists who will prescribe it for you - prescribing compounded medications is common in dermatology.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Are you located in the states? There are dermatologists who will prescribe it for you - prescribing compounded medications is common in dermatology.
    But is it the same? What is H&W telling the pharmacist? I don't know the concentration or vehicles used to make the solution that they're claiming is showing positive results and no side effects.

But is it the same? What is H&W telling the pharmacist? I don't know the concentration or vehicles used to make the solution that they're claiming is showing positive results and no side effects.
    Has anyone here used the topical from H&W? it sounds like worth trying but not too sure about simply asking a pharmacy like Murray Avenue Apothecary. I understand maybe there are just doing the same (asking a local pharmacy to mix it) but still will feel better using theirs

It would not be the same if a local dermatologist is writing a compounded prescription that is being filled by a local pharmacy. However, that local dermatologist could send the script to the same pharmacy that H&W uses (which I believe is in Europe) and you would get the same medication - would just need to ensure that the prescription is written as H&W would write it.

I just e-mailed them and got a reply saying "I am sorry but at this time the doctors have decided to only prescribe the topical Finasteride to their surgical patients."

So basically, H&W are completely useless.

Its kind of silly they never actually reformulated finasteride to be a topical in the years after the patent expired. I mean the chemical itself is the most important part of it going systemic, but I still think less would go systemic topically than orally.

I just e-mailed them and got a reply saying "I am sorry but at this time the doctors have decided to only prescribe the topical Finasteride to their surgical patients."

So basically, H&W are completely useless.
    Gave them a call and same answer...maybe we can find someone on the forum who is a patient, get a detail compounded prescription, and then find a dermatologist and a pharmacy to get it for our self

Default Topical finasteride

Hey guys, I just came on to write about Topical Finasteride and came across this thread.

We have actually came up with a decent formula to make Finasteride topical foaming solution. Our pharmacy is making the first batch this week for 2 patients.

I can't send it overseas to anyone but I can do 2 things:
    a) if you are in Australia, let me know if you'd like some and I can make it for you. We just need a prescription from an Australian prescriber.

b) if the guys overseas, the best I can do is provide everyone with the formula and ingredients necessary and you can make it yourself. Albeit it may be a tad bit didficult.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. Let me know

Cheers.

Desmond

I've used topical fin at a low dose and still got sides. I could be extra susceptible to sides however.