How many people went on fin with good hair?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mlamber5
    • Mar 2015

I went on it at 16 with a ton of hair minus the receding hairline. Literally picture Napoleon Dynamite hair; brown, curly and abundant. Had absolutely nothing vertex balding wise because of being on fin. Hairline still was slowing receding though on fin. Since I went off at 20/21 (I'm 26 now) hair loss has definitely accelerated in the front and the vertex. Facial/body hair has picked up massively since being off fin. Muscle mass has also come a little bit easier. Just in general feel healthier off of it. But everyone have to decide what's really important to them....being on fin and keeping hair longer while suppressing a lot of your secondary sex characteristics, or not.

Comment

• burtandernie
      • Nov 2012

Yeah it kind of sucks a lot of people still get some frontal recession even on fin which most likely means the rest of the DHT is enough sometimes to keep the process rolling. Nothing you can do really short of trying dut instead but that is more risky with sides.
      Yeah one of my gripes with fin is it doesnt feel like a long term solution to MPB just a crutch to buy some years for something better. So it still feels like waiting and just skipping fin completely is an option if your hair loss is slow.

Comment

• mlamber5
        • Mar 2015

Yea it certainly isn't a long term solution. Part of me has thought for the past 2 years to get back on fin, but it all boils down to your personality... Are you an optimist or a pessimist? The pessimist in me wants to get back on it, but the optimist in me which is much stronger than the pessimist really feels like 5-10 years there will be a full AGA reversal cure so what's the point.

Comment

• mlamber5
          • Mar 2015

Like you said, it is a crutch. It will certainly slow it down. But it won't stop it. What is going to happen is going to happen still.

Comment

• burtandernie
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by mlamber5
            Yea it certainly isn't a long term solution. Part of me has thought for the past 2 years to get back on fin, but it all boils down to your personality... Are you an optimist or a pessimist? The pessimist in me wants to get back on it, but the optimist in me which is much stronger than the pessimist really feels like 5-10 years there will be a full AGA reversal cure so what's the point.
            I wouldnt count on the full AGA reversal cure. Definitely try to keep what you have left even if it means unfortunately having to take drugs like propecia. In another few years better things will show up so your fighting for time really but I dont think a full reversal cure is coming in the next decade

Comment

• jason1001
              • Mar 2014

Is DUT better with hairline thinning?

Comment

Working...