+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Maybe I shouldn't have jumped off it after a year. It really ruined my hairline.

Ga've me insane head burning itch.

Think dut might save it?

Yeah propecia really wasnt that studied all that much in younger men with minimal hair loss so I always wondered if it could prevent a mature hairline or not. I think the temples/hairline going first though certainly means those areas are the most sensitive to androgens so IMO testosterone might play a role there as well as DHT.

I went on with good hair, just wanted to prevent recession. Noticed no change at all for one year and then at one year mark I had burning pains in left temple and receded/thinned out terribly. I stayed on, but hair is still thin now. If you have good hair, be extremely careful because it really isn't worth the risk. Look into strengthening the hair through prp or something if you're worried. I'm not looking to get a transplant. Sucks

I think its certainly pretty rare for fin to make hair worse than when you started though. So it must be a minority where that happens but its pretty odd why that would ever happen. Not very comforting when you think that no one actually knows why that happens.
    If your hair isnt bad or is going slowly I think waiting is a viable option I mean in a couple years better things will most likely show up and MPB will be a lot easier to treat in a safer way. I know though some people dont have that kind of time if its going fast or aggressively.

My hairline is very bad and thin now after the fin mishap.

Now I'm thinking maybe DUT might help?

Gamblers chance lol

I went on it at 16 with a ton of hair minus the receding hairline. Literally picture Napoleon Dynamite hair; brown, curly and abundant. Had absolutely nothing vertex balding wise because of being on fin. Hairline still was slowing receding though on fin. Since I went off at 20/21 (I'm 26 now) hair loss has definitely accelerated in the front and the vertex. Facial/body hair has picked up massively since being off fin. Muscle mass has also come a little bit easier. Just in general feel healthier off of it. But everyone have to decide what's really important to them....being on fin and keeping hair longer while suppressing a lot of your secondary sex characteristics, or not.

Yeah it kind of sucks a lot of people still get some frontal recession even on fin which most likely means the rest of the DHT is enough sometimes to keep the process rolling. Nothing you can do really short of trying dut instead but that is more risky with sides.
    Yeah one of my gripes with fin is it doesnt feel like a long term solution to MPB just a crutch to buy some years for something better. So it still feels like waiting and just skipping fin completely is an option if your hair loss is slow.

Yea it certainly isn't a long term solution. Part of me has thought for the past 2 years to get back on fin, but it all boils down to your personality... Are you an optimist or a pessimist? The pessimist in me wants to get back on it, but the optimist in me which is much stronger than the pessimist really feels like 5-10 years there will be a full AGA reversal cure so what's the point.

Like you said, it is a crutch. It will certainly slow it down. But it won't stop it. What is going to happen is going to happen still.

Quote Originally Posted by mlamber5 View Post
    Yea it certainly isn't a long term solution. Part of me has thought for the past 2 years to get back on fin, but it all boils down to your personality... Are you an optimist or a pessimist? The pessimist in me wants to get back on it, but the optimist in me which is much stronger than the pessimist really feels like 5-10 years there will be a full AGA reversal cure so what's the point.
    I wouldnt count on the full AGA reversal cure. Definitely try to keep what you have left even if it means unfortunately having to take drugs like propecia. In another few years better things will show up so your fighting for time really but I dont think a full reversal cure is coming in the next decade