+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I heard that entire show live and is was really cool! Once you master the ability to let go of your insecurities, looks become far less important then we think. One thing that I learned from the show was that good grooming and a sense of style is important. You can’t walk around like a slob with no style and get hot women.
    After the program I bought Neil Strauss’s The Game, great book!

Hey man, I totally understand how you feel. I'm a musician as well and I was always into all of the long-haired 80s metal. That's what I used to play and that's what I enjoyed. I played in a couple of bar band and just about a year ago is when I really started to become depressed about losing my hair. My hair was my pride and joy and I really aspired to look like all of my favorite 80s metal musicians with their full heads of long hair. It was a dream of mine for a long time and now I feel like my dream is being pissed on. I look at people at the clubs who are half the man and half the musician that I am, yet they have such full heads of hair and it drives me crazy. I feel like all of the confidence that I used to have just became transferred out of my body and into theirs. I always used to lose hair in the shower but I never thought anything of it because it never looked like I was balding. I always had a full head of thick long brown hair and it drives me crazy in that it's being taken away from me. I look at all of my favorite 80s metal musicians and I see their full heads of hair and I get so jealous. I think: Why can't this be me?
    But bro, I'd advise you to just keep on keeping on and keep doing what you always did. Believe me, I have lots of trouble following that advise. I just came out of a really deep depression from this hair loss, but going to the gym and weightlifting and boxing really helped me. Getting out there, working out, or doing something physical helps to work out all of the aggression and anger you may feel over hair loss. I used to be a big weightlifter and I really neglected that when I fell into my depression. However, I just got back to the gym and I'm working my way back up to where I used to be. I love to get done with a heavy set at the gym, pump my fist, bang my chest, and just release all of this anger that I feel towards this hair loss. When I do this, I feel like I'm saying: "Yeah, life tried to keep me down with hair loss, but now I'm back and I'm gonna kick life in the ****in teeth anyway!" Hahaha. Also, don't hesitate to lean on your friends either. Some of my friends really offered me empathetic words and helped me out in my time of depression. I couldn't be more thankful to them.
    What's frustrating to me is that I can't really find an effective way to fight this hair loss. Rogaine didn't do anything for me. Propecia may have slowed down my hair loss, yet it decreases the DHT production not just in your scalp but in your entire body. This has been problematic for me since I feel that lower levels of DHT in my body have affected my weight lifting. I haven't been able to lift as much and my muscles feel flabby and soft (I always used to have rock hard muscles). It's just so inexcusable to me that we don't have better options to treat hair loss today. But at least some companies like Histogen are trying to cure this dreaded disease.

Default I am a bald musician also

Please read my recent post in this section (advice from a man who started balding 20 years ago....)
    Just to show you that I walk the walk, this is a picture of me and my bald head playing drums at a show 2 weeks ago to over 12,000 people.
    Shave your head and ask the girl out. Get your band together. Dont ALLOW yourself to be stopped by this.
    Good luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	summercamp 210a.jpg

Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	10159  

Aren't we all having a hard time

Quote Originally Posted by cheeser73 View Post
    Please read my recent post in this section (advice from a man who started balding 20 years ago....)
    Just to show you that I walk the walk, this is a picture of me and my bald head playing drums at a show 2 weeks ago to over 12,000 people.
    Shave your head and ask the girl out. Get your band together. Dont ALLOW yourself to be stopped by this.
    Good luck
    Let's all shave our heads and create a band then. That'll make every one feel better. Call it The Baldies.