Threaded View

Default Having a hard time getting the girl I love because of my hair loss.

I feel completely incapable of getting the woman of my dreams because of my receding hairline and i'm really taking it personally. I'm currently 19, and she's the woman I took to prom. She's so beautiful that sometimes I feel as though she's just too good for me, and that if people saw us together, that they would comment on it and I would feel bad. To be completely honest, I've never told her that I'm in love with her, and as time goes on I talk myself out of it. Anyone else experienced something along this line?

I also feel very incapable of doing a lot of the things that I once really wanted to do. I always wanted to play music, just hit the road and do it, but fear that people will overt any of my talent professionally because of my image. I'm kind of a skinny, dorky type and enjoy weeds, guitar, and camping. I also feel like I look older than a lot of my friends which really separates them from me sometimes.

I feel very debilitated by my hair loss to the point where I've lost a lot of interest in the things that used to interest me. I'm not trying to be ****y at all, but I wasn't an ugly guy when I had hair, and received attention when I was younger. I hope that someday I find someone that loves me for me, because I feel like I could be a great boyfriend, but that I won't get the chance until I outgrow this stage of my life. I have great morals and ethics and I'm smart and funny, going to college and moving forward but I've lost so much of myself over the past year that I don't know if I'll ever regain my self esteem unless I undergo a hair transplant (already on propecia and minoxidil). Very depressed right now and sometimes I feel like just hiding away from the rest of the world. I don't feel comfortable without hair, but I feel like I have no choices left to make, which is the most frustrating part. Society puts too much emphasis on looking good, and spends hardly any time helping people that need help. It's kind of sad that I have to feel this way when this should be the best time of my life.

But we all have our own problems, and I just have no one here to talk to or that understands what I have to deal with, first thing every morning of my recent life. And this is the reason I feel so alone all the time, because I have to bare this great burden here on my own at the age of 19. I feel completely robbed of any chance I ever had at being completely happy or "normal" for that matter, because I know I'll probably never come to terms with my hair loss because I don't like my hair loss. I don't think my new image conveys the message I would like to convey as a human being. I should be thinking about more important things but it's so hard because, how you see yourself is how other people see you, and people see frustration and sadness when they look at me. I love women, and I just want to move on from feeling like I'm inferior to all of them.