+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeaveCake View Post
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not given the quotes
    Come on Bravecake! I am with you 100%. Your original post was excellent. And your latest replies (except your reply to me suggesting quite incorrectly that I was engaging in sarcasm) are equally mature and wise.

There is no way you will win over the "baldness is death" crowd on this forum. They will only be happy when you share their dispair. Misery loves company.

Good luck to you. Not that you need luck. Your positive attitude will serve you quite adequately.

Quote Originally Posted by lvlace View Post
    Come on Bravecake! I am with you 100%. Your original post was excellent. And your latest replies (except your reply to me suggesting quite incorrectly that I was engaging in sarcasm) are equally mature and wise.

There is no way you will win over the "baldness is death" crowd on this forum. They will only be happy when you share their dispair. Misery loves company.

Good luck to you. Not that you need luck. Your positive attitude will serve you quite adequately.
    Sorry i misunderstood you (misery loves company) with companies loves misery.
    For me itīs beyond my understanding how far people are willing to go to keep hair.
    I know itīs no use to tell them otherwise, because the medias influence is too strong.

I think BeaveCake still understands your undertone.

I'm shallow from the guy who obviously cares about hair. Here's how I view life, the people who like you be honest and friendly to them, the people you love and who love you back be honest and willing to die for, the rest **** em' excuse the language but it's true. A few people pointed out my hair in the past. Of course I've got ridiculed, I say 'I got better things to do with my balls than grow hair, do you?' Hold eye contact and be willing to follow through on any threats. I was raised to an honor system and that's how I respond to such things. People realise I'm not affected by hairloss that much and I'm not afraid to tell them that. THAT is what makes me have a positive experience over a guy who lets it bug him, the feel like they have power over those with no hair and they don't prove them wrong. Also guess what, people get ridiculed over EVERYTHING in this life. My father had rheumatoid arthritus as a child, his hands stopped growing and he just about didn't make it to adulthood. People have him crap over his hands but those hands outworked every other pair around them and he had the same attitude as me. Never had self pity once, and when he was dying at 56 from causes he couldn't control he wasn't saying 'why didn't my life let me have normal hands or a body that didn't ache and why did people make fun of these hands' he faced it, looked back at what he did with pride and told me I was going to grow up faster than I should have too. So don't tell me I'm young and don't know how bad life can be. If you really think I'm talking down to people than go off to some other post about how bald guys are treated like crap, because that isn't talking them down. I don't care if I'm young you're a full blown adult, This is my last thread on this site at just 19, I won't spend my nights reading some of this defeatist crap, can you say the same at whatever your age?
    Shallow: "not exhibiting, requiring, or capable of serious thought."

Just keep projecting your own experiences onto others... because apparently every human being on earth is the same. I'm happy for you that you don't give a **** and wish that I could. Cheers.

OP fails to see that not only do individuals react different to hairloss the environment also reacts differently to the individual with hairloss. In you case the environment gives also positive responses, as you explained. Not going to further comment on that. But for others the environment can react negative, for instance you seriously don't look good shaved and people tell you that or girls suddenly don't show any form of interest anymore or people start to be afraid of you because you look dangerous to them. Whenever someone experiences these cases and no positive cases hair loss is indeed ruining there lives. You don't hear them say: "well, everyone is afraid of me and therefor I find it hard to meet new people, get a job etc but hey! It isn't that bad."

Don't get me wrong, I am happy for your success in life and I see your point: losing hair doesn't immediately mean that your life is over. But this is just a case of; because I have positive experiences everyone has them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2bald View Post
    OP fails to see that not only do individuals react different to hairloss the environment also reacts differently to the individual with hairloss. In you case the environment gives also positive responses, as you explained. Not going to further comment on that. But for others the environment can react negative, for instance you seriously don't look good shaved and people tell you that or girls suddenly don't show any form of interest anymore or people start to be afraid of you because you look dangerous to them. Whenever someone experiences these cases and no positive cases hair loss is indeed ruining there lives. You don't hear them say: "well, everyone is afraid of me and therefor I find it hard to meet new people, get a job etc but hey! It isn't that bad."

Don't get me wrong, I am happy for your success in life and I see your point: losing hair doesn't immediately mean that your life is over. But this is just a case of; because I have positive experiences everyone has them.
    I made the positive experiences happen, I was subject to some ridicule at points but whenever anyone does I challenge them back. Also I've never seen anyone turned down for 'looking scary' bald. There are people who 'look scary' with hair in my generation and they get employment and dates fine.

I know 3 other bald young guys (cue ball) personally, all 3 have very successful well paying jobs, 2 have good looking wives, 1 is a model type girl and no he isn't a perfect type headshape. The third who's wife isn't that great is fat, out of shape and doesn't keep himself in check. So the no hair factor is there for all but the only less successful one is the one who was out of shape, fat and had bigger issues.

I guess I should look at the bright side, it took till page 2 of this post before all the naysayers crawled out of the back room, and I don't really mean you.

Quote Originally Posted by dus View Post

Just keep projecting your own experiences onto others... because apparently every human being on earth is the same. I'm happy for you that you don't give a **** and wish that I could. Cheers.
    If you really think there wasn't serious thought projected into what I posted or how I beat hairloss, and other issues far bigger, then you are just another sad case on here. By saying hairloss isn't the end of the world, you say I'm imposing my experiences, well in your case you must be a lost cause with that mindset, hopefully the young guys who look here with a rational mind can read my post and see thier life isn't over.

I'm glad to see someone was like me on here. When I first seen thinning patches I was going crazy with stress. When I was told about my condition and that it was permanent I went into kind of a zen thing. My family was very military Rangers, even Green Berets (Army's SEAL equivalent) and I was taught in a very...tough environment to say the least but that taught me plenty and I knew hair didn't make a man so I shaved it. Honestly yes I was worried what girls would think but as I said it hasn't noticably affected me and I've never heard any negative. People say I look 22 which if anything could help (plus unless I wrinkle badly young it also means I'll probably stay looking that young too-bonus) and I truthfully like standing out. The only thing that killed hope at first was hairloss 'support' forums. It's just huge pity all around. People here act like bald men are treated like a different species and I thought to myself 'I wonder if that shaved bald (from hairloss) 20 year old guy I know, actually I know two of them, with the smoking got girl spends all night on these sites worried.' Then I realized no, the successful bald guys are out enjoying life, either not knowing sites like these even matter and not caring, or like me and maybe you and others got on sites like this for research into a problem and seen the ridiculousness of these places and left. Sorry for the long comment but for only being 19 I've been through a hell of a lot, and I don't consider hairloss one of the worst things. So when I see some guys saying it gets no worse than hairloss well.... I wish I could meet them face to face to prove them wrong-sorry that's the family thing speaking but you get my point.
    Like you quoted forums like this does not help people.
    Noticed that directly when i posted an non supplemental natural method, to reverse hair loss that i discovered by accident.
    I thought maybe it could help somebody but since 95% are drug users, the responses amazed me and how narrow minded people got.

Their strive to reach alpha male status (donīt know why) is quiet alarming, since finasteride increases testosterone i got a better understanding of their aggressive responses.
    There is far more to life like you said, than loosing hair but the media=society wants us to think otherwise and the drug companies uses our fear for beneficial reasons.
    Like i said, i really hope you will at least influence some people to think otherwise.

If you really think there wasn't serious thought projected into what I posted or how I beat hairloss, and other issues far bigger, then you are just another sad case on here. By saying hairloss isn't the end of the world, you say I'm imposing my experiences, well in your case you must be a lost cause with that mindset, hopefully the young guys who look here with a rational mind can read my post and see thier life isn't over.

"then you are just another sad case on here" " in your case you must be a lost cause" ergo: you don't agree with me? You must suck at life!

Thanks for proving my original observation. I don't feel like doing a dick swinging contest on a hair loss forum so I'll leave you in your feeling of superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by dus View Post

"then you are just another sad case on here" " in your case you must be a lost cause" ergo: you don't agree with me? You must suck at life!

Thanks for proving my original observation. I don't feel like doing a dick swinging contest on a hair loss forum so I'll leave you in your feeling of superiority.
    "dus" you just proved my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    "dus" you just proved my point.
    I don't feel like doing more pointless debates on here. So I grant you guys victory! Cheers.