Threaded View

Default Hair matters some, but not near as much as most here make it out to be

I'm a 19 year old who about a year ago lost over half my scalp hair to a (now permanent) condition, I shave my head cue ball, I'm skinny and paler but my face and head shape are good for it I admit. I was concerned how girls my age would feel about it, but I was never worried it'd affect school jobs etcetera like some delusional people do. Well I got my answer to how girls feel about it when a 16 year old asked me to her prom, and she was very attractive. (I'm barely 2 years older before anyone brings up the age) she barely knew me and she asked me to go so I agreed and she asked why I shaved head, I was honest that I lost it, and while she said it wasn't her preference she said it's just hair why would she care about that. So here's a girl just about 17, very attractive, saying she didn't care I had no hair, full knowing I never will. And prom boosted confidence even more, it was a different schools prom and I was one of the more talked to kids there, people asked me about courses I was taking when they heard I was skydiving for a license and people were curious who one of the 'hottest' girls in thier school took. After prom she even got jealous when I was simply talking to her friend because I guess her friend had a thing for me and thought I was flirting. After this me and this girl are together. I truly don't care about the lost hair given I've had plenty of success in life without it. And I'm not even 20 yet. And yes I'm full on skin head, howie Mandela shaven. No pigment even. And I accomplished this. I just thought I'd give a positive story that it doesn't have to be that big of a deal like many people here make it. Most bald guys are out living doing just fine, that's why you don't see them post. The only ones here posting that baldness destroyed their lives and made them lose everything are either going through the initial shock. Or too weak in that they put strength and life worth into hair. It can be difficult. But it's really just hair. God bless