What would the "ideal" hair for a HT be?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cursed
    • Apr 2015

What would the "ideal" hair for a HT be?

I have seen some amazing results on both diffuse and receding scalps. For me, judging on my family, my hair will only recede and the scalp will stay intact and I am guessing this would be the perfect type of hair for a hair transplant. However I am not sure and would like to hear opinions from other people.
  • jamesst11
    • Jun 2014

I believe people with strictly diffuse thinning are not ideal candidates for HT surgery. They are creating a large amount of recipient sites in and around native hair which can and will lead to permanent "shock loss" of the native hair. Good candidates are those that have a definite recession line, and a definite pattern of loss in the crown and have MAINTAINED that pattern through finasteride and minoxidil. They can get a good number of grafts into an already bald area, establishing a good hairline and density with higher number follicle grafts behind it, while maintaining what their native hair. Also, I personally believe the candidate should be mid thirties or older and be realistic of expectations. It is also ideal that they go with a GOOD IAHRS clinic with a proven track record of consistently good results.

Comment

• KO1
      • Jan 2012

Ideal hair is thick in caliber, and wavy, ideally in multiple follicular units as well.

Comment

Working...