+ Reply to Thread

Default trying ru before propecia

So i was thinking about getting on fin but after reading a few posts about what it does and some horror stories im not sure if i really want to do that to my body i mean im only 18 and cant even grow a decent amount of chest hair or even a full beard so would u say trying a low dose of ru is safer??

If facial/chest hair is a worry, I have been on fin for almost a year now (I am 20) and it really hasn't altered how thick my facial hair is. Honestly you can try many different things but in a few years time you will probably look back and regret not getting on fin. If you are worried about the sides try 0.5mg ED or EOD or 1mg EOD. I started with 0.5mg ED and now am on 1mg ED and have no side effects. If I had known about it, I would have certainly started at 18.

I'm sure the more experienced members will be able to help you more on RU. I know it's being tested as a topical by forum members but I am fairly certain its more powerful than fin anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by JayM View Post
    If facial/chest hair is a worry, I have been on fin for almost a year now (I am 20) and it really hasn't altered how thick my facial hair is. Honestly you can try many different things but in a few years time you will probably look back and regret not getting on fin. If you are worried about the sides try 0.5mg ED or EOD or 1mg EOD. I started with 0.5mg ED and now am on 1mg ED and have no side effects. If I had known about it, I would have certainly started at 18.

I'm sure the more experienced members will be able to help you more on RU. I know it's being tested as a topical by forum members but I am fairly certain its more powerful than fin anyways.
    Thanks what is ed and eod?

ED = every day, EOD = every other day.

Quote Originally Posted by eighteen View Post
    So i was thinking about getting on fin but after reading a few posts about what it does and some horror stories im not sure if i really want to do that to my body

so would u say trying a low dose of ru is safer??
    So you would rather take a drug that isn't regulated in any way because random guys on the internet say it is a safe alternative to fin?

Quote Originally Posted by eighteen View Post
    So i was thinking about getting on fin but after reading a few posts about what it does and some horror stories im not sure if i really want to do that to my body i mean im only 18 and cant even grow a decent amount of chest hair or even a full beard so would u say trying a low dose of ru is safer??
    Fin works differently. To find out if it really works for you or not and whether you will suffer from side effects or not, you should try the drug. Due to 'some horror stories' you lose your chance to save your hair.

Some people might argue it but I still think fin is a lot safer than RU. RU could cause problems of its own its just no one has any idea what they might be yet. The fin problems are well known now since people have been using for probably 20 or 30 years since it was proscar before it became propecia. Its been around a very long time which is the biggest measure of safety IMO no major issues in 30 years seems safe to me.
    Are there rare issues like gyno or other unknown things? Its possible but very tiny chances.

if i could go back six years ago i would get on fin. not sure why i didnt. wasnt worried about losing my hair , had a pretty good looking girlfriend. but anyways..i think ru is probably stronger than fin. but ive never tried fin. ive regrown a lot of hair with it and minoxdil. fin is a lot cheaper however.