+ Reply to Thread

Default Need some Advice/Help

I'm Currently 25 and have been dealing with hair loss since 22, I never thought how rapid my hair loss would progress. It's sad to say that most of my hair up top is really thin I want to say I'm a 5A on the norwood scale. I've tried rogaine/minoxidil it worked but with only little results so after 12 months of being on it I stopped. A few months ago I tried the shaving my head crossing my fingers that I can pull off the bald/shaved head look. Unfortunately for me I'm not one of the lucky guys that can pull off the look and I don't know where to turn to next? Is a hair transplant right for me or should I take fin even though there could be some side effects. If you are or where in the same boat as me I would like to hear your voice/opinion. Thanks a bunch here is a photo of what I looked like before I shaved my head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20141222_114418 (1).jpg

Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	39368  

I am assuming you're the one on the right? From this photo, it looks like you're completely bald on top, no? The good thing is that, in my honest opinion, you look great! Why do you think you cannot pull this off? Have you tried fin and minox? You could go the HT route. Be very careful with the doctor you choose and your expectations however. Even if you were to go for a mega session, or two smaller sessions, a perfect HT with an excellent IAHRS certified surgeon would make you look like a diffuse thinner at best I believe.

Yes I'm the one on the right I'm just about completely bald on top i still have some fine thin hairs on top. Thanks jamesst11 no I've never tried fin I'm thinking about giving it a shot.

I guess if you are looking at hair transplant it can be rather expensive. I looked into it and I would like to spend my money on something else like a vacation. If women are after you for your hair, then keep looking. Looks do not last forever. Just my thoughts..

Thanks Scott, such true words I know I'm being naive but going through this is harder then I imagine I look in the mirror or photos and I feel disgusted like this isn't me. I have a hard time accepting what I look like and want to put my best face forward no pun intended that is just who I am. People will always judge outside appearance it's just human nature like my professor told me appearance is half the battle and that frustrates the living hell out of me because I have so much more to offer. Just for kicks and giggles this what I use to look like just three year's ago. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Hi shadh,
    It looks like you are NW - 6.
    In my opinion the shape of your head allows you to go shaved. You should look good.

As about the treatment, I agree with scottmprice, HT is very expensive. Why don't you try fin, before thinking about HT? It could help.

I always suggest guys to try different treatments and if non of them works, then to consider shaving.
    There are still chances that fin can help to restore your hair. Don't be afraid of side effects. Not all men experience them. I haven't had sexual side effects, and as I've heard, many men who experience sides, report that these pass with some time.

I would post some photos of top, back, sides etc, you seem to have 5A loss, and I suspect you might be a good candidate.

If you choose to go down the HT route, finasteride is a must.