Switching from Finasteride to Dutasteride? Stopping Minox?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PleaseDontGo
    • May 2014

Switching from Finasteride to Dutasteride? Stopping Minox?

Hey there,

so i've been on Minox for about 1 and 1/2 years and Fin for about 7-8 months with no real results except for my hair except for getting progressively worse. Had minor regrowth on my hairline once I started Fin but my crown has only gotten worse. I remember when I first went to a derm because I thought my hair was receding a bit, he along with some docs and a second derm told me I wasn't going bald (No family history). But I persisted with worry and got one derm to tell me I could start using Minox even though he said I didn't need it, since then my hair has gotten worse and worse :/ I've contemplated stopping my use of Minox because ever since I used it I lost a lot of thickness and it never recovered. I mean it says itself on the bottle that the product can cause hairloss, maybe my hair can't handle Minox and i'm shedding more then I can regrow.

Next part is that I'm considering switching to Dut instead of Fin? Will probably try and see a derm to talk to about all this but i thought Id post on here and see what people thought in the meantime.

Cheers!

1mg Fin daily
    1ml Minox twice daily
    Use Niz twice a week if I remember to buy lol
  • Sanchez123
    • Jun 2016

Originally posted by PleaseDontGo
    Hey there,

so i've been on Minox for about 1 and 1/2 years and Fin for about 7-8 months with no real results except for my hair except for getting progressively worse. Had minor regrowth on my hairline once I started Fin but my crown has only gotten worse. I remember when I first went to a derm because I thought my hair was receding a bit, he along with some docs and a second derm told me I wasn't going bald (No family history). But I persisted with worry and got one derm to tell me I could start using Minox even though he said I didn't need it, since then my hair has gotten worse and worse :/ I've contemplated stopping my use of Minox because ever since I used it I lost a lot of thickness and it never recovered. I mean it says itself on the bottle that the product can cause hairloss, maybe my hair can't handle Minox and i'm shedding more then I can regrow.

Next part is that I'm considering switching to Dut instead of Fin? Will probably try and see a derm to talk to about all this but i thought Id post on here and see what people thought in the meantime.

Cheers!

1mg Fin daily
    1ml Minox twice daily
    Use Niz twice a week if I remember to buy lol
    Did you ever switched?

Comment

Working...