28, anyone have a similar balding pattern?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjm87
    • May 2015

28, anyone have a similar balding pattern?

I have no problem with going bald. It's not a big deal. I first noticed when I was 26, but I'm sure others noticed before I did. I always kept my hair at medium length and then started cropping it for the summer and that's when I noticed.

I'm curious to know where I am on the Norwood scale, my guess is NW 3.5.
    I have a few questions:
    Anyone here have a pattern like mine?
    Will those islands go away?
    How long before I get the full on horse-shoe?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4437.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	471443Click image for larger version

Name:	149.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	471444

Thanks
  • Agustin Araujo
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by cjm87
    Anyone here have a pattern like mine?
    Will those islands go away?
    How long before I get the full on horse-shoe?
    It looks more like you are thinning in a NW5A pattern from the way I see. I myself am thinning in a NW6 pattern but my diffused thinning isn't as severe as yours.

Without treatment, your MPB is most likely going to keep progressing until you've reached complete baldness. MPB can be totally unpredictable so I can't state for sure how long it could take for the islands to go away. It could really depend on how aggressive your genetics are for how long it would take to reach the full on NW6/7 horseshoe pattern.

Comment

• scottmprice
      • May 2015

Looks like male pattern baldness. I was the same way around 32 years old. I am now 51 and pretty much shave it really close. I do not think your islands will go away unless you try a hair loss treatement. But I can say I tried them all, the lotions, pills, it slowed it down but that is all.

Comment

• RanDave
        • Nov 2014

It looks like NW-5.
        What do you mean 'Will those islands go away?'. Do you mean that your hair will grow back, or do you mean that you will lose it completely?

Comment

• cjm87
          • May 2015

RanDave, I meant the two "islands" of hair at the front, sorry for the confusion.
          Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I guess I'm farther along than I thought I was. I've seen the side effects of minox etc, I think the risk and reward don't balance out for me. Probably easier to keep the hair cropped in.

Comment

• Johny41
            • Dec 2014

Hi cjm87,
            Originally posted by cjm87
            Probably easier to keep the hair cropped in.
            Sad decision!
            You are 28 and already NW5 . Your hair loss is progressive and if not treated, you will reach horse-shoe shape very fast.

Comment

Working...